Is that possible that shopify splits orders based on locations automatically?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hi, I have 2 locations with different products stocked, is that possible that shopify splits orders based on locations automatically? Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
600 62 110

Hi @leeeco

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

At the moment the only way locations can split order fulfillment is if there aren't enough products in Location A so it automatically draws the remainder from Location B. So if the product cannot be found at Location A it will draw from B.

20-04-ghkpi-p55qw

You will need to set the priority of locations for fulfilling orders to your different locations manually as per this help document.

I hope this helps, give it a go and let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hi @Hyde

Thank you but this does not fit my needs, I d like to customers to pick locations and shopify automatically split the order based on location :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

It would be much easier for us to fulfill the orders 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Or do you have this kind of api?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 3 12

Hi there!

If you want to split orders based on locations, it's better to keep multiple stores to serve each domains. For example, example shop.com for US and example shop.ca for CA, and then direct your visitors. In this way, you customers can place orders accordingly from your relevant locations. Moreover, you could control stock, price, and shipping costs flexible.

On the front end, you might find Geo Targetly solutions helpful. Its particular Geo Redirect tool can identify your website visitors' locations and auto redirect your visitors to specific inventory stores. It is easy to set up redirecting rules within only a few steps. You don't have to code. It will generate Javascript code for you to add to your website. Shopify platform is perfectly supported.

Hope it helps. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I actually do this right now where the products that are not in location A does fulfill from location B, however, when the order comes in (as  it's integrated with our 3PL from shopify), all the locations come in to location A and they can't fulfill all. How can I show where location A's (3PL location), is only seeing location A's products only?

0 Likes