Is the Pause and Build plan gone?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

I am on the free trial period and I think I will want more time to build my store before launching. I've heard there is a Pause and Build plan but I don't see the option in the "Store Status" section - all I see there is "CLOSE YOUR STORE". 

I will likely want to transition to the Pause and Build plan after my free trial ends. Is this no longer available?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 15 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @yooohon.

Welcome to Shopify Community and to our platform. My name is Olivia and I work here. 

Thank you for sharing your question, I'd be glad to help guide you in the right direction with this today. You mentioned you have started your free trial, and it sounds like you might not have chosen a plan yet. As such, you cannot pause your store, because there is no plan to pause from.

First, choose a plan from Settings > Plans and PermissionsAfter you have chosen your plan, you will be able to proceed with pause options as normal.

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.39.51 PM.png

I have a basic plan active yet, I don't see the Pause and Build. I only see an option for Sell and Close. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.36.54 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Leonie Trends,

I upgraded to the Basic plan and after that, I was able to switch to the Pause and Build plan. I got billed $30 after my two-week trial but after I switched, it saved $20 subscription credit to my account since Pause and Build is $9/mo.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks @yooohon  but I am already on the Basic Plan and still don't see the option to Pause and Build. I was hoping @Olivia  could help.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 15 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @LeonieTrends!

I appreciate you connecting with me @LeonieTrends, and thank you so much to @yooohon for providing their assistance.

There have been some changes since the original post, and our Pause and Build plan is now available to merchants 60 days after their trial has ended. I'd be more than happy to look into your store with you to confirm when this alternative will become available to you.

You can also easily calculate this yourself - since our billing period is every 30 days, this option will be accessible to you on the day of your third subscription invoice.

To explain the why behind this decision, the pause and build plans were first introduced to new and existing merchants at the height of the Covid-19 crisis. As we return to this new normal, we have decided to keep the pause options for established merchants.

Don't hesitate to connect with me if you have further questions.

Warm regards,

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks @Olivia I understand now. I'll check back after the third invoice for the feature. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 15 54

Thanks, @LeonieTrends, we so appreciate that.

If any questions come up in the meantime, make sure to connect with me.

Warm regards,

0 Likes