Is the store Free Trial still 90 days or 14 days? Cannot find a definitive answer to tell my clients

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi there,

Question - when did Shopify offer the 90 day free trial and is it still going on or have it ended? I thought it went until September but some people are tell me that it is no longer available.

I looked online and cannot find the answer, and I have been telling my clients that it is still 90 days.

If it is now back to 14 days, can I ask support for it to be 90 days?

---

Side note: doing a 90 day trial got more people interested in starting stores and 14 days, suddenly got people losing interest. A strategic move for Shopify to grow its customer base should be to increase the free trial date. Most people can't do anything in 14 days and they will give up and leave Shopify. These same people may get something going in 90 days and stay on Shopify. 

Thoughts?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
543 31 86

Hi, @Emarketing.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

I'm happy to shed some light on the amount of trial days we provide. Every time someone signs up, we provide a free 14-day trial. We did offer a 90-day trial and that offer has ended as of June 2020. Is there somewhere specific that you saw the trial open until September? If so, I would love to know more about that so that I can take a look. 

Our system wouldn't be able to extend the free trial to 90 days as the offer has now ended. Is there something specific your clients are looking to do during their trial? Let me know if there is and I can provide some guidance and resources to help! 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I agreed. I have a plan to start the business on Shopify. But I am scared about the 14 days. I feel I need to get everything ready on the side then rush in this 14 day period to set up my shop.  14 days is enough for people to migrate their websites from other platforms to Shopify.  it sounds challenging to set up a new shop website within 14days. I wish Shopify can open the window a bit, I will be happy with one month.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Tira, 

Irene here. Thanks for the clarification.  is there a specific reason to end this offer?  does Shopify has a plan to re-open the offer?  

Thanks

Irene 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
543 31 86

Hey, Irene.

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts and for your question.

The free 90-day trial was a temporary offer to help with COVID-19 efforts and is no longer offered. I understand that you're looking for additional days to help your clients get set-up, I recommend checking out this Shopify Community forums post: Solved: Can I still get the 90 days trial? Can't find the link to sign-up to see ways of making the most of your free trial so that you can get set-up and ready to launch your store. We provide a list of resources to help with customizing your store, adding apps, and setting up the business aspects (such as payments) of your store. 

If at the end of your 14-day free trial you find that you need to look into an extension of your trial, please reply to this thread or contact our support at support.shopify.com to schedule a callback, email us, or speak to us via live chat so that we can take a look at what options are available to you.

Let me know if this helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes