Is there a way to filter out archived products in inventory reports?

Maryannb
Visitor
1 0 3

Hello, is there a way to filter out archived products when running inventory reports? Product status isn't a standard filter in the reporting options. I have the standard Shopify plan. Any help is appreciated! Any reporting tricks? Any easy apps? 

Replies 11 (11)

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

Hi @Maryannb,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

Were you able to find a solution for this? If not, I would recommend our app Better Reports for this!

Our inventory reports can be filtered based on product status to exclude any archived products.

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll have access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send directly to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

EdWhiteRabbit
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi,

Did you find an answer to this? I was very excited about inventory management using the Shopify system but it has been ruined by archived products cluttering my inventory list. Any tips would be appreciated!

Ed

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
303 11 20

Hello @Maryannb  and @EdWhiteRabbit ,

I am John from Report Pundit, a reporting and analytics app with more than 500 five-star reviews.

With Report Pundit you can filter the archived products from the Inventory report. Report Pundit has a powerful filter feature you can filter and sort any fields with a few clicks.

Our live chat support team can create any type of custom report unique to the business.

We have developed a unique feature called "Inventory snapshot". The Inventory snapshot feature will capture the daily ending product and location inventory count from the day it is enabled in Report Pundit.

There is a 14-days of free trial available in Report Pundit. Contact us at support@reportpundit.com or our live chat support team for help.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

Dеnis
Shopify Partner
36 0 2

Hi, @Maryannb 

Denis from the Advanced Reports here.

If you still looking for a solution, then I suggest looking into our app.

It is possible to easily filter out unwanted product statuses with the filters:

Dеnis_0-1625845521614.png

Please feel free to contact me via support@omegacommerce.com if you have additional questions.

Just Play in Analytics with Advanced Reports
Other Great Apps: [ Shopping Feeds | Instant Search ]
Socials: [ Facebook | Twitter | Blog ]

SBWMSU
Tourist
7 0 3

I would love to see this as well. I need the SKU information, which you can't get from the straight products list, but I also need to just see "Active" items in an inventory report.

Bob_
Explorer
43 5 5

In our case, all stock with a quantity of 1 or above is active and all stock with a quantity of zero is inactive so we use the basic in-built filtering on Shopify to see all active stock.

Bob__0-1642077495371.png

Might not work in your case, but works fine for us.

alidonkaka
Tourist
7 0 3

hi

Have you found a solution to this? I was looking forward to utilizing the Shopify system to manage my inventory, however it has been destroyed by older products clogging my inventory list. Any advice would be much appreciated!

banned
Dеnis
Shopify Partner
36 0 2

Hi, @alidonkaka 

This option is still available in our reporting tool:

Dnis_0-1675931713700.png

You can exclude archived products from the Inventory On Hand report provided by the Advanced Reports application literally in two clicks.

We are on the Shopify Apps Store:

https://apps.shopify.com/advanced-reports

Please let me know if you will have any additional questions, I will be glad to tell you more about our product.

Just Play in Analytics with Advanced Reports
Other Great Apps: [ Shopping Feeds | Instant Search ]
Socials: [ Facebook | Twitter | Blog ]

MatW
Visitor
2 0 5

Hi Mary - I've found one way to manage this is by filtering inventory reports according to availability:

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 2.35.13 pm.png

If the product is 'available' on your online store, for example, it won't be archived. 'Availability' in inventory seems to be a bit misleading—I've found it doesn't mean out of stock, so this should capture inventory that's out of stock, but still listed on your public-facing online store. 

SBWMSU
Tourist
7 0 3

I think they may have just removed this as a filter option. It worked last month (Jan. 2023) when running reports, but now the Availability filter isn't an option anymore.

Bob_
Explorer
43 5 5

@SBWMSU 

Availability filter is still there it's just been "hidden" away out of sight. Click the search and filter button near the top right (or press F) and click add Filter.