Solved

Is there a way to limit the cart? "Item X in cart doesn't allow any other items to be added"

mrpeterpaker
Visitor
3 0 1

I'm looking for the following criteria :

"If Item X is in cart DO NOT allow any other items to be added"

"If trying to add Item X to cart and other items are in cart - warn user item can not be added unless other items are removed"

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @mrpeterpaker.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

There are a couple of third-party apps that offers options to restricting the cart, which can carry out what you're looking for  by creating a combination of restrictions - Limiting the number of items from a product group (collection), limiting the number of a specific product, and limiting the number of items added to cart. I've handpicked a couple of apps here for you and they both offer a free trial to try them out in your store. 

Order Limits - MinMaxify - this one will need a combination of restrictions to accomplish setting up an exclusive product.
Min&Max Limits by Limitsify - this one has a feature that can create a restriction for an exclusive product and prevent other items from being added to cart. 

If you need any assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developer through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's pages.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @mrpeterpaker.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

There are a couple of third-party apps that offers options to restricting the cart, which can carry out what you're looking for  by creating a combination of restrictions - Limiting the number of items from a product group (collection), limiting the number of a specific product, and limiting the number of items added to cart. I've handpicked a couple of apps here for you and they both offer a free trial to try them out in your store. 

Order Limits - MinMaxify - this one will need a combination of restrictions to accomplish setting up an exclusive product.
Min&Max Limits by Limitsify - this one has a feature that can create a restriction for an exclusive product and prevent other items from being added to cart. 

If you need any assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developer through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's pages.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mrpeterpaker
Visitor
3 0 1

Thanks!