Is there a way to trial how my shop function as a customer?

Glykeriarof
1 0 0

Hello! 

I was wondering if there is an option somewhere for me to test the whole procedure of check-out and followed up emails as a 'mock customer' so I am sure that everything is working fine? I launched my website yesterday. 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1016 79 268

Hi, @Glykeriarof

This is Rae from the Shopify team. Congratulations on launching your store!

It's definitely a great idea to test your checkout process to make sure everything is working correctly, and I'm happy to help suggest a few different ways to do this. 

If you're using Shopify Payments, you can put the gateway into test mode and use a test credit card to simulate a purchase. Here's how to get started with this:

1. Turn on Shopify Payments test mode by following these steps
  2. Visit your own storefront, add a product into the cart, and start the checkout process using your own contact information and your own email address. This will ensure you receive the same email notifications that a customer would.
  3. Enter in these payment details to create a successful test transaction.
  4. Complete the order.
  5. You will then receive an order confirmation notification via email to the email address that you entered in to the checkout. 
  6. Make sure to turn Shopify Payments test mode off when you're finished placing this test order. 

You can also use Shopify Payments to simulate a failed transaction, too. If you're interested in trying this, just enter in these payment details to the checkout. 

If you aren't using Shopify Payments, you can still create a test transaction by using Shopify's Bogus Gateway and following these steps. Or, to place a real order via the Bogus Gateway, you can follow these steps instead. 

Now that your site is fully launched, I also recommend reviewing our store launch checklist. This is a really helpful way to quickly double check all of your store settings and options, to ensure everything is set up correctly. 

Please keep me posted on how these tests go, and let me know if you have any questions along the way! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1016 79 268

Hi, @Glykeriarof

I wanted to check in with you and find out if you had a chance to run any test transactions on your site? If so, how did these go?

Let me know if you ran into any troubles, or if you have any further questions and I'll be happy to continue helping out! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes