Is there a way to use a third party shipping API from the Shopify base plan.

Highlighted
2 0 0

I want to use a third party shipping api, to calculate shipping rates (my store is based outside North America)s and to display the shipping rates to user before the user confirms the order. Is there a way to do this from the Shopify base plan? I am being told by Shopify that this can only be done if I upgrade my base plan to Shopify advanced or Shopify plus.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 29 56

Hello, @Mkowsky.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

In order to display calculated shipping rates in your online store's checkout either using your own carrier account or one of the third-party apps for shipping rates, you will need to have the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature enabled on your account. Carrier Calculated Shipping is included in the Shopify Advanced plan and Shopify Plus plan, but there are a couple other options if you want to stick with the Basic plan.

On the Shopify Basic plan, you can enable Carrier Calculated Shipping for $20/month in addition to your existing monthly subscription fee. Alternatively, it can be included at no additional cost if your account is on an annual, biennial, or triennial billing period. These alternative billing periods also offer you a discount on your Shopify subscription cost. You can take a look at the savings in your admin under Settings > Plan and permissions > Compare plans if you're interested. If you do choose to switch to one of those billing periods, let our team know as we'll need to enable the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature for you on our end.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the options above. In the meantime, can you tell me a bit more about the shipping options you're looking to use? Is there a particular carrier you want to work with? With these details, I might be able to recommend a specific app for you and/or submit a feature request to the appropriate teams here. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi,I want to pay the extra 20$/month to be able to use 3rd party shipping.
How do I enable this feature?
Thanks,
Arun Mani
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 29 56

@Mkowsky wrote:
Hi,I want to pay the extra 20$/month to be able to use 3rd party shipping.
How do I enable this feature?
Thanks,
Arun Mani

Hi, Arun! This is a change that needs to be completed by our support team. I can add the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature to your plan for $20/month. I've sent you an email so that I can authenticate your account and proceed with the adding the feature for you. Kindly reply to that email whenever you get a chance. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Sophia,

Could you please enable this for my account as well? I would like to pay the extra $20/month to use carrier calculated shipping.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 29 56

@bellenj wrote:

Hi Sophia,

Could you please enable this for my account as well? I would like to pay the extra $20/month to use carrier calculated shipping.

Thanks!

Hi, @bellenj!

I would be happy to help you out with this. Since I'm getting back to you a while after your original post here, please let me know whether this has already been taken care of. If you still need the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature activated, I can send you an email to get the process started.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello. Can I take advantage of this shipping feature as well? Can you add this to my account as well?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I too need to add Third-party calculated shipping rates to my Shopify Basic Plan!  Please let me know what steps that I need to take to get this service added to my on-line store!

Larry A. Coates
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 29 56

@mmartinez9355 wrote:

Hello. Can I take advantage of this shipping feature as well? Can you add this to my account as well?

Hi, @mmartinez9355!

I can see that you posted this request near the end of May. Were you able to get in touch with Shopify Support already? If not, I'd be happy to help you get carrier calculated shipping enabled on your account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 29 56

@Larry_Coates wrote:

I too need to add Third-party calculated shipping rates to my Shopify Basic Plan!  Please let me know what steps that I need to take to get this service added to my on-line store!

Hi, @Larry_Coates!

The carrier calculated shipping feature can be added to the Monthly Basic Plan for $20/month in addition to your subscription fee. Alternatively, can be included at no additional cost if your account is set to annual, biennial, or triennial billing. These billing periods discount your subscription rate between 10-25%, and you can view them under Settings > Plan and permissions > Compare plans > Change your billing period. I'll send you an email to authenticate the account. Whenever you have a chance, please reply to that email with your .myshopify.com URL and which method you'd like to proceed with. Thanks so much! 

0 Likes