Is this a scam? A threat of shopify store being removed

bottledupdesign
2 0 0

I received this email today and I'm pretty sure it's a scam.  Can anyone let me know what they think?  It came from the email 

Tony Lim<tlim@fanshawec.ca>

We’re writing to let you know that as of May 7th, 2021 (12:00 am),  your store will no longer be available on Shopify.

We've recently contacted you via the email on various reports of unfulfilled orders filed by your customers.

What do I need to do?
These reports included that various attempts to contact you yielded no positive results. Shopify does not support any form of fraudulent eCommerce practices hence your Shopify store has been flagged for review.

To continue using Shopify services you will need to perform the following verification:

• Proof of delivery for any of your products (not older than two months)
  • Proof of business ownership
  • Identity verification

Login to continue with this verification 

After completing this verification all affected orders will displayed for proper handling. You'll be assigned an agent to help you resolve this order dispute.

What happens if I don’t respond?
We have reviewed the reports we received and they have be tagged "genuine". If this verification is not completed before the stated date above Shopify will place a charge-back on the bank account associated with your store.

© Shopify, 151 O'Connor Street, Ground floor, Ottawa ON, K2P 2L8

Shopify.MailID:1-1.90952c8624.8398071.5eea9d57142c6b638a1e1d287306
0 Likes
HKJ
Explorer
61 4 7

Looks like a scam

0 Likes
ShannonF
Tourist
8 0 1

Definitely a scam! The URL for the login is: doa.go.th/media/inc/shopify/  (DO NOT FOLLOW THIS URL) 

You can forward it to safety@shopify.com so they can try and track it down. 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
783 53 92

@bottledupdesign wrote:

I received this email today and I'm pretty sure it's a scam.  Can anyone let me know what they think? It came from the email

Tony Lim<tlim@fanshawec.ca>

We’re writing to let you know that as of May 7th, 2021 (12:00 am),  your store will no longer be available on Shopify.

We've recently contacted you via the email on various reports of unfulfilled orders filed by your customers.

What do I need to do?
These reports included that various attempts to contact you yielded no positive results. Shopify does not support any form of fraudulent eCommerce practices hence your Shopify store has been flagged for review.

To continue using Shopify services you will need to perform the following verification:

• Proof of delivery for any of your products (not older than two months)
  • Proof of business ownership
  • Identity verification

Login to continue with this verification 

After completing this verification all affected orders will displayed for proper handling. You'll be assigned an agent to help you resolve this order dispute.

What happens if I don’t respond?
We have reviewed the reports we received and they have be tagged "genuine". If this verification is not completed before the stated date above Shopify will place a charge-back on the bank account associated with your store.

© Shopify, 151 O'Connor Street, Ground floor, Ottawa ON, K2P 2L8

Shopify.MailID:1-1.90952c8624.8398071.5eea9d57142c6b638a1e1d287306

Hi, @bottledupdesign!

Sophia here from Shopify. I appreciate you flagging this message—I've just removed the links from your original post so that no one else coming across this topic clicks on them. 

@ShannonF is correct that you should send any suspicious emails to safety@shopify.com. If you still have the message, please forward it to safety@shopify.com and include the headers so our team can investigate. Thank you!

I also recommend reviewing our help documents on account security. If you did engage with the email in any way, whether you responded or clicked any links, it may be a good idea to change your password and enable two-step authentication as an added security measure.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes