Is this an email from Shopify?

RosesAndTeacups
Tourist
15 0 2

I am getting emails from people from email address ending in @syr.edu with links included.  Are these legit emails from Shopify?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1032 119 164

Hi, @RosesAndTeacups. Thanks for reaching out about this.

Emails coming from a @syr.edu email address are NOT from Shopify. Please do not click on any of the links within the emails, and forward them to safety@shopify.com .

I recommend reviewing the Help Doc on Protecting your account against phishing to learn more about how to identify a phishing email and what to do if you’ve clicked on any of the links. It’s also a good preventative measure to ensure that 2-step authentication is enabled on your account, to secure your login process even more. 

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and forwarding those phishing emails to the Safety team. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

bloommoda
1 0 0

I also received and email with the ending as @syr.edu yesterday.  Thanks for confirming that it's not from Shopify.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1032 119 164

My pleasure, @bloommoda. Please remember to forward it to safety@shopify.com so that we can look into it. Thanks!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes