Solved

Is this fine to switch to different Paypal account in a store?

Jane0507
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello, 

If I have multiple Paypal accounts and would like to switch to different Paypal account on Shopify store, does it affect any performance of our store? 

In hot sales season, I want to put the payments to different accounts because if it increases suddenly in a short time compared to my account history, my account can be easily limited or reserved.

Accepted Solution (1)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Jane0507 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this, it's a good question. You are free to change your PayPal account as often as you like. To do so you will need to go to Settings > Payment. From here you will deactivate PayPal. Once PayPal has been deactivated you will be able to activate it again and use the desired PayPal account. Please note that any PayPal account used with Shopify will need to be a business plan. There should be no need to change the PayPal account associated with your Shopify regardless of how much money you are making through it. 

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Jane0507 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this, it's a good question. You are free to change your PayPal account as often as you like. To do so you will need to go to Settings > Payment. From here you will deactivate PayPal. Once PayPal has been deactivated you will be able to activate it again and use the desired PayPal account. Please note that any PayPal account used with Shopify will need to be a business plan. There should be no need to change the PayPal account associated with your Shopify regardless of how much money you are making through it. 

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Kaylee165
Excursionist
48 2 2

Hi @Jane0507 , 

If you switch to another Paypal account and need to add tracking information to your Paypal accordingly, you can use the app Add Paypal Tracking Auto, it can connect to multiple Paypal accounts and help you to do automatically. 

https://www.omegatheme.com/add-paypal-tracking/?utm_source=shopifycommunity