Issue moving from Lightspeed POS to Shopify POS- Barcodes

diana21
2 0 0

Hi Everyone, 

I am testing out Shopify POS and we are very serious about moving our two stores from Lightspeed POS next month. Unfortunately we've hit a serious wall. We are unable to scan our Lightspeed barcodes into Shopify, because at the end of every product ID, lightspeed seems to generate a random number at the end. So simply downloading my Product ID's does not work, and I'm told by Lightspeed support that there is no way to download our barcodes so I can then upload them. We do not want to close in order to reticket manually thousands of barcodes, and scanning in would take twice as long. Since we already work with Accumula to sync our inventory I am awaiting a response from them but I'm not hopeful. Has anyone encountered this challenge and if so what was the outcome? 

Thanks,

Diana

0 Likes
SweetPaper
Tourist
6 0 1

Were you able to figure this out? I was considering moving from LS to Shopify and this data migration video touches on the barcode issue: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2677827990737969679?source=Onboarding

I quickly realized that Shopify POS won't work for us, but am still considering using Shopify for eCom. How has your experience been with using Accumula to connect the two?

0 Likes
diana21
2 0 0
After speaking to a few lightspeed representatives, one of them did give me
a few algorithms that I then passed on to my shopify representative. The
expert on the shopify side was able to come up with different formulas
which then were applied to the various barcodes and we were able to then
get most of our items scanning. It's been a bumpy transition but so far its
been worth it to get out of working with Lightspeed. Accumula was totally
fine to work with, we had very few issues with them.

Thanks!

0 Likes
cloudnineAL
1 0 0

I  am trying to move my barcodes from Lightspeed to shopify. 

In this video here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tINd0BM4LQmpmiVDJfBkXT78lly7Yab6/view  it shows an excel file that formulates the lightspeed barcodes to be able to turn them into useable shopify barcodes. 

I asked the shopify help if they had this file for me to formulate my barcodes and they acted like they had no clue what I was talking about.

Has anyone successfully migrated their barcodes over from lightspeed to shopify and gotten them to work? 

0 Likes