Issue when customers try to pay with Paypal.

Eb17
5 0 0

I have recently opened my first Shopify store and added all the payment methods exactly as I was supposed to. However, when customers have been trying to check out with Paypal, it is taking them to the last step then coming up with an error code declining the sale and payment method. I have been in contact with Paypal about the issue but they seem to think it's on Shopify's end.

I have deactivated the Paypal and reactivated numerous times. I have tried it in an incognito window, I have used/activated a family members Paypal account instead and also used my alternate Paypal account but the problem still persists regardless. I have trawled the community boards and tried all suggestions I have found and nothing has worked. 

The error code I am getting is: We're sorry we can't complete your purchase right now. The transaction has been declined to comply with international regulations.

My customers and I am in Australia and using Paypal Aus, the country selected is correct in my settings and currency all being Australian.

The other Credit card methods all go through fine. 

The url is: www.lqhairandbeauty.com.au

I appreciate any help

Replies 6 (6)

Acoolguy
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I encountered same problem as you do. May I know if you solved the PayPal problem? if you do, how did you solve it?

I would be so much appreciated if you could offer help.

Thanks

Eb17
5 0 0

Hey Acoolguy, I have been in touch with Paypal numerous times but they are adamant it is a Shopify issue. I haven't had any help from Shopify and have tried absolutely everything I can think of including hiring an expert who also couldn't resolve the issue. 

We have decided to deactivate Paypal for the time being but very disappointed with the lack of help we have received and now the loss of customers due to the issue. 

Good luck, I hope you're more successful. If you do get any help, please send them our way!

RyleyJoy
Visitor
1 0 0

Has anyone had a response about this? I have just started a store and having the same issue with a customer. Is there any work around? 

NiranjanK
Visitor
1 0 0

HI all,

I have lost a few customers because of this issue. The customers get frustrated as they have to go through the payment process again overall affecting the user shopping experience.

Any fix for the issue from anyone?

Thanks and regards,

Niranjan

AlexS
Tourist
7 0 0

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Paypal Support has been horrible!

Any help is appreciated

Eb17
5 0 0

It hasn't been resolved unfortunately. We ended up disabling Paypal as a payment method which is not ideal and have had no help from Paypal or Shopify in trying to resolve the issue.

Paypal did indicate that it is an issue with Shopify however there is no method of contact with Shopify aside from this forum which makes it very hard in situations like this. 

If you end up figuring it out or receive some help, please let us know.

Goodluck.