What is the solution for page redirect issue in Shopify?

Souravjeet
Visitor
2 0 0

It looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor. To ensure that your redirect doesn't interfere with the editing experience, replace window.location.href = with window.top.location.href = in your theme's JavaScript over here

Some one please help me with this???

Replies 29 (29)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi, @Souravjeet.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

It looks like this error is coming from your store's theme customization window. Are you trying to use the checkout? If you are, you will see this error within the theme customization window as the checkout will not work here. You can go to your live store and use your checkout there and the error will not appear.

To access your live store from the admin, you can follow these steps:

- Login to your Shopify admin

- On the left-hand side, click on the eye icon next to "Online Store"

- This will open up a new window with your storefront. You can then add items to your cart, and then head over to checkout. 

Let me know if that helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Souravjeet
Visitor
2 0 0

I tried that.....

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi, @Souravjeet.

What happened after you tried viewing your checkout after looking at your live store? If you received an error, could you take a screenshot of the error on your store and post it here? 

Once I see your screenshot, I am happy to take a further look here for you and provide you with guidance and the next steps to troubleshoot the issue.  

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Pmc
Visitor
1 0 1

I am also receiving this error message when simply trying to edit a theme. I am trying to switch out some of our photos or edit text, and this error message is coming up. I already tried using a different web browser and also clearing the history on my web browser. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 1.00.50 PM.png

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi, @Pmc.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. If this is occuring outside of the checkout, I am happy to take a look at this with our technical team for your store.

To review your store, I need to authenticate you. I have sent an email to your email address listed on your Shopify Community profile. Please take a look at your inbox. Once I receive your reply, I can take a look at your store.

yhnwa02
Visitor
1 0 0

What was the solution for this? 

@Tira wrote:

Hi, @Pmc.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. If this is occuring outside of the checkout, I am happy to take a look at this with our technical team for your store.

To review your store, I need to authenticate you. I have sent an email to your email address listed on your Shopify Community profile. Please take a look at your inbox. Once I receive your reply, I can take a look at your store.

Woody88
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same problem - Can anyone from Shopify tell us how this was fixed please?

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi @yhnwa02 and @Woody88.

Thank you for reaching out. Tira here, from Shopify.

What steps were you trying to take when you saw this error in your theme? This error will show up if you are trying to use the checkout while editing your theme. 

Please provide me with more details and I can look into this further for you. Thank you!

bellenj
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Tira,

I too am having a problem with this error message. I can no longer access or edit my checkout page. I am not currently trying to check out while logged as the admin. It's possible that may have accidentally been the case before, however. How can I resolve this please? I definitely need to be able to customize the checkout page once again.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @bellenj.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Thank you for these details. Where is this error showing up for you, is it on your storefront when you try to checkout? What is your myshopify.com URL? 

You mentioned that you're looking to customize the checkout page. Is there something in particular you're looking to add? If you can let me know, I can take a look. 

bellenj
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi Tira,

When I’m logged into the editor (as the admin) the cart page is now linking directly to the log in page. It no longer links to the check out page as originally designed. I can’t even access the check out page from the settings menu. It will not load at all. URL is the-culture-creed
LisaKlein
Visitor
1 0 0

Help I need somebody,

help I need somebody,

heeeeelpp...

TIRA??

@bellenj wrote:
Hi Tira,

When I’m logged into the editor (as the admin) the cart page is now linking directly to the log in page. It no longer links to the check out page as originally designed. I can’t even access the check out page from the settings menu. It will not load at all. URL is the-culture-creed

Unfortunately we also have this mistake when we want to go to the cash register.

Does anyone already have the solution to the problem?

How can we turn this off?

Many sunny greetings

bellenj
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi,

I submitted a ticket to Shopify Support and received a response almost immediately. Apparently the issue had to do with my checkout settings, which they had to reset for me. I was told that you have to select “accounts are optional” or “accounts are disabled” to avoid this issue. I can now access the checkout page and all of the features.

Shopify Admin > Settings > Checkout > Customer Accounts
HTH
Visitor
1 0 0

Cancelled Squarespace for shopify and don't seem to be able to make any changes to my online store page. This is urgent (need to launch site tomorrow) so thanks in advance for any help.

It looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor. To ensure that your redirect doesn't interfere with the editing experience, replace window.location.href = withxxxxxhref = in your theme's JavaScript over here.

Woody88
Visitor
2 0 0

I was actually editing the Collections List page and got this error. Specifically I edited a text filter filed in the theme. I tried changing the page title as you suggested but that didn’t fix the problem. I now have a store that I cannot finish unless I scrap my theme and start again after hundreds of hours of work. Can you suggest another way to fix this?

Beaniesandbread
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello

I am also getting this error message when I click either 'ADD TO CART' or 'BUY NOW' on a product. Nothing happens the page stays the same and the the error message that has ben repeatedly referenced on this thread comes up

'It looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor....etc'

However when I was testing the process yesterday the checkout was working fine. The only thing I can think of is that I deleted a 'footer' menu on the navigation page to replace it because I didn't like having the search box at the bottom of the page and for some reason the drop down menu kept directing to a collections page that I did not want so I was trying to get rid of it.  When I deleted the navigation 'footer' menu,  I got a message that said 'This cannot be Undone' That is the only change I have made to any navigation 

I have tried all of the suggestions  in this thread from trying to checkout live and also to changing the checkout settings but nothing is working. 

Shopify can you please help??? 

My page url is (beainesandbread.com)

Leah100
Visitor
1 0 0

I need help with this error 

4B201C1D-29EE-4839-AEC0-44ACDE4BEE79.png

kentzhuo00
Visitor
1 0 0

image.jpg

I already follow your instructions before "check out from option behind online store" but i found another problem like in the photo

can you solve this for me

thankyou 

Beaniesandbread
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello

I have been trying to figure out how to contact shopify support for hours and am in tears. This forum is so confusing.

yesterday my checkout worked fine. I have 3 days left in my trial and today wanted to test the whole checkout process but am getting an error that says The page is redirecting and the editor is not compatible. it happens any time I click checkout or buy now. 

I tried checking out on the live site that didn't work. I tried changing the checkout settings that didn't work either. The checkout page doesn't work at all now due to this error. The only thing I changed was I deleted a navigation menu entitled 'footer' and when I did it said this cannot be undone. 

Ive even tried setting up a new theme and starting over but that isn't working either. Please help. My url is beaniesandbread.com

AAA11
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi 
 I have the same Problem 

Capture.PNG

I'm trying to edit the Main Page not the checkout page 

I tried everything but nothing worked 

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @AAA11.

Tira here to help. 

Thanks for the screenshot, this is helpful. It looks like you were trying to customize your main page through the theme editor and this is where you are seeing this error message. Does this happen on just your current theme, or does it also appear on a different theme as well?

The reason I ask, is this error will come up if the page is customized in a way that isn't compatible with the theme editor. This can happen with third-party themes, so I recommend trying to customize a different theme and seeing if the issue still persists. 

Can you please let me know what happens? We can troubleshoot this together from there.

Thank you,

AAA11
Tourist
3 0 1
hi Tira
thanks for your answer

I had no problem trying to Customize another theme It worked it's just the main theme I have problem with >>
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for letting me know that you can customize your other themes @AAA11 without this error message occuring. This means that the error message is showing up because of code on the specific theme that you’re working on. Do you know who the developer of your theme is? You’ll need to reach out to them to follow-up on customizing your homepage with that particular theme, as this would be outside our scope of support. If a theme is from a third-party developer, it means that it was developed by a third-party developer and they would have more information on how to work with this error. 

If you’re not sure where you can find the support for your theme, most themes have support information and contact information listed in the theme. Here are the steps to locate this:

1) Login to your Shopify Admin

2) Click on Online Store > Themes

3) Next to the theme you wish to edit, click on the Customize button

4) Click on Theme Actions:

21-02-it6a4-fzf5o

5) Then click on either View documentation or Get Support for support from the third-party developer
21-02-hgbrm-14hys

You can also find these steps in our help doc here: Where to find support for your theme

Were you able to edit this theme’s homepage before, or did this error message recently appear?

yagnik
Visitor
1 0 1

i have same problem like this

Capture.PNG

Hamdan8978
Visitor
1 0 0

I too have the same problem when i click on buy now Its showing "the page is not compatible to the editor due to one of the following issues"

Hamdan8978_0-1711574990219.png

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hi there, @Hamdan8978. Thanks for following up on this thread. In order for us to assist you in more depth here, we'll need to get you in touch with our Authenticated Support Team. Please use this link to connect with our Support Team via our AI Assistant. Let out Assistant know about this issue and it will provide you with prompts that you can use to get connected with one of our Support Advisors so we can lend a hand.

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cerik
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

could you please fix it for me

Big_Admin
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I am also experiencing this on the Dawn them in development mode with a purchased plan. It has been this way from the beginning while still in the trial period, I hoped by paying for the plan the issue would resolve itself, but it has not. The front-end shows "Checkouts are not currently enabled: Merchant's trial period expired." but on the back-end I also get that trying to customize checkout in the admin plus a popup that says "

Failed to load the page

This page is not compatible with the editor due to one of the following issues:

• Page is redirecting to an unsupported URL
  • Page failed to load due to an error"

miltonhalljr
Visitor
1 0 1

Can someone please help I'm getting this message in my shopify admin for when trying to checkout

Failed to load the page

This page is not compatible with the editor due to one of the following issues:

• The page is redirecting to an unsupported URL
  • The page failed to load due to an error