Issue with page redirect

Highlighted
2 0 0

It looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor. To ensure that your redirect doesn't interfere with the editing experience, replace window.location.href = with window.top.location.href = in your theme's JavaScript over here

Some one please help me with this???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 84

Hi, @Souravjeet.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

It looks like this error is coming from your store's theme customization window. Are you trying to use the checkout? If you are, you will see this error within the theme customization window as the checkout will not work here. You can go to your live store and use your checkout there and the error will not appear.

To access your live store from the admin, you can follow these steps:

- Login to your Shopify admin

- On the left-hand side, click on the eye icon next to "Online Store"

- This will open up a new window with your storefront. You can then add items to your cart, and then head over to checkout. 

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I tried that.....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 84

Hi, @Souravjeet.

What happened after you tried viewing your checkout after looking at your live store? If you received an error, could you take a screenshot of the error on your store and post it here? 

Once I see your screenshot, I am happy to take a further look here for you and provide you with guidance and the next steps to troubleshoot the issue.  

I look forward to hearing from you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am also receiving this error message when simply trying to edit a theme. I am trying to switch out some of our photos or edit text, and this error message is coming up. I already tried using a different web browser and also clearing the history on my web browser. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 1.00.50 PM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 84

Hi, @Pmc.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. If this is occuring outside of the checkout, I am happy to take a look at this with our technical team for your store.

To review your store, I need to authenticate you. I have sent an email to your email address listed on your Shopify Community profile. Please take a look at your inbox. Once I receive your reply, I can take a look at your store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

What was the solution for this? 

@Tira wrote:

Hi, @Pmc.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. If this is occuring outside of the checkout, I am happy to take a look at this with our technical team for your store.

To review your store, I need to authenticate you. I have sent an email to your email address listed on your Shopify Community profile. Please take a look at your inbox. Once I receive your reply, I can take a look at your store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same problem - Can anyone from Shopify tell us how this was fixed please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 84

Hi @yhnwa02 and @Woody88.

Thank you for reaching out. Tira here, from Shopify.

What steps were you trying to take when you saw this error in your theme? This error will show up if you are trying to use the checkout while editing your theme. 

Please provide me with more details and I can look into this further for you. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Tira,

I too am having a problem with this error message. I can no longer access or edit my checkout page. I am not currently trying to check out while logged as the admin. It's possible that may have accidentally been the case before, however. How can I resolve this please? I definitely need to be able to customize the checkout page once again.

0 Likes