Issues adding a product

Solved
LKODesigns
2 0 0

I recently created a listing for a printable planner. However the "more action" options to upload the file doesn't show on my screen so I am unable to upload the actual product. In need of some guidance please. 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 39 225

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @LKODesigns

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. I'm glad you reached out with this question, and welcome to the Shopify Community! 

To confirm, are you hoping for customers to be able to download the printable planner once purchased? If so, I recommend using Shopify's Digital Downloads app. This app allows merchants to connect digital files to products, and once these products are purchased, customers will be automatically emailed a link to download their product. 

This app connects directly to the 'Products'  page within the Shopify admin too, so that once you've downloaded the app, you will be able to connect the files to your products directly within the 'More actions'  option on your product pages. When using this app, the option to add digital files to products will appear like this: 

20-08-r4c7k-j7szi.png

We have more details on selling digital products, and using the Digital Downloads app in this help document, so I really recommend reading this over for more information on this process. 

If you're already using the Digital Downloads app on your site, and you don't see this option on your product pages, please let me know. Equally, if you're referring to a different option altogether, please tell me a bit more about the setup you're looking for, and how you'd like the printable planner to be added to your site. That way, I can help look into this further and suggest some other potential solutions. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LKODesigns
2 0 0

Thanks. It's all sorted now. I found the solution off of a YouTube video.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 39 225

Hi, @LKODesigns

Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this! 

If you're willing to share the link to the YouTube video you watched, please do so here as this may help other Community members who are also running into the same troubles you encountered. 

In the meantime, feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can help with. 

Best, 

0 Likes
Bodiedbykeee
1 0 0

I added all my products and made them active and it’s still not showing up on my website or on my Facebook as active. What can I do? 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 39 225

Hi, @Bodiedbykeee

Thanks for joining this thread and reaching out. 

To confirm, are you referring to adding digital items to your products? If so, are you using the Digital Downloads app to do this? 

If this isn't what you're looking to do, can you tell me a bit more about what you did to make your products 'active'? Did you follow these steps to change the product availability on your sales channels? If you haven't done this, but need to do so, you can use bulk actions to complete this on all of your products. 

Feel free to reply back to me here with a screenshot of what you're referring to. But, please ensure any sensitive, store-specific details are blocked out of any images you share here, for privacy reasons.

Equally, if you can let me know your store's URL, I can also take a look at your live site to get a better idea of the troubles you're running into, and help offer more assistance. 

I hope to hear back from you about this soon! 

0 Likes