Issues selecting country during checkout

circular
Excursionist
15 0 8

Hello,

I am currently doing a test order on my account.

When filling up my shipping address fields in the checkout page, I am unable to select the country/Region as it is not responsive (not drop down). Without this input, the form doesn't process and proceed to the next order step. > Shipping > payment.

I am stuck at this point without finding a solution.

Would appreciate any kind of help .

Please refer to my screenshot below.

Thank you.

Issue Image.JPG

Replies 41 (41)

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hi, @circular

Thank you for reaching out about that. Are you able to replicate this in a different browser or in an incognito tab? If you see the issue there as well, let me know what your store's URL is and I'd be happy to take a look for you. 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HenryPham
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi Brie

Thanks for your info. 

I also got the same issue as @circular 

I tried to using different browser but still fail.

Would you please look for my store also? 

Thanks!

circular
Excursionist
15 0 8

@HenryPham wrote:

Hi Brie

Thanks for your info. 

I also got the same issue as @circular 

I tried to using different browser but still fail.

Would you please look for my store also? 

Thanks!

Hi Henry,

I have solved the problem .. Please refer to my post.

You are able to set the country that you are selling to under. Settings > Shipping

HenryPham
Visitor
2 0 2

@circular Thank you very much. I just follow your guide. It worked already. 

circular
Excursionist
15 0 8

You're welcome. Glad that it works.

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hi, @circular and @HenryPham

That's great, so glad to hear that's resolved for you. Let me know if you have any other questions at all. Enjoy the rest of your week!

TobyNg1
Tourist
3 0 0

@Brie 

Hi Brie,

I also have same issue cannot selecting country during checkout in my web, can you help me, please?

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hey, @TobyNg1!

I'd be happy to give you a hand with that. Have you already setup shipping rates for all of the countries that you ship to? As mentioned in the above thread, any countries that aren't included in a shipping zone won't be selectable in the checkout. You can check your zones by navigating to Settings > Shipping > Manage rates (beside each shipping profile). You'll see all of the countries you currently have shipping zones for under the "Shipping to" section. You can find more help with that here. If you've done this already, let me know and I can take a look for you. Cheers! 

TobyNg1
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @Brie,

Problem is fixed, thank you very much! 

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

@TobyNg1 -

Glad to hear it! Have a good one.

Ryan_Roberts
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Brie, Im having the same problem... Rates are setup correctly for the USA but USA does not appear on the drop down? The product's weight is also within with the rate specs so it's not that. see attached, and her is the store link: https://www.deskstand.com/

PriamStore22
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello brie i have the same problem with my store can you check it please 

Screenshot_20220614-141134_Samsung Internet.jpg

circular
Excursionist
15 0 8

hi Brie,

Thanks for your reply.

I have managed to find out the cause of the issue. I did not set a country/ countries under settings. Hence, the drop down did not allow selection of country. 

So, after you have set  the settings of the country you are selling to. I am able to proceed.

JOMERCHSTORE
Visitor
1 0 0

I am currently facing the same issue, Where do i set that setting on which country to sell to?

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hi, @JOMERCHSTORE

Thank you for reaching out about that. If you navigate to Settings > Shipping > Manage rates (beside each of your shipping profiles), you can view which countries you've set up shipping rates for. Any countries not included in a zone will not be able to checkout. For more help setting that up, take a look at our help doc here. Let me know if you have any questions!

hverdagbasics
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Brie,

thanks for the explanation attaching the document (here) It has resolved my issue as well. 

good work. 

@Brie wrote:

Hi, @JOMERCHSTORE

Thank you for reaching out about that. If you navigate to Settings > Shipping > Manage rates (beside each of your shipping profiles), you can view which countries you've set up shipping rates for. Any countries not included in a zone will not be able to checkout. For more help setting that up, take a look at our help doc here. Let me know if you have any questions!

updelfi
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Brie!

I follow your guide. But It doesn't worked for some reason .

and I have also a message that sad (your payment can't be processed for technical reasons).

for payment method I used paypal .

InkedScreenshot 2022-02-05 205347_LI.jpg

Would you please look for my store?

destined
Tourist
3 0 4

I was having the same problem. That is a new update in shopify.

1. Go to Settings->markets

2. You will see International by scrolling down.

3. Go to Manage-> ACTIVATE

That is it. Hope it works for you.

Now create shipping zones and rates for different countries as per your store products and deliveries.

Ryan_Roberts
Tourist
4 0 2

THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM THANKS MATE!

meerafares
4 0 0

hey can you help please !

How did you fixed the problem ?

I did same as she required but it didnt work

meerafares
4 0 0

Hey , 

I have the same problem how can i solve it ? 

Or From where can I set a country as you said 

MamyKingdom
Tourist
8 0 1

HI, I am encountering the same problem, which did not happen before, and suddenly having this problem overnight without any reason.

My shop is www.mamy-kingdom.com. Please can anyone help urgently? Thanks a lot

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hi, @MamyKingdom

I seem to be able to use your country drop down without any issues - at the current time Hong Kong is the only option, do you ship to other countries as well? If so, please follow the troubleshooting steps above to ensure you have shipping zones set up for those countries. Thanks! 

Kicksbatch
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey , I was facing the same issue. I tried what you said . In the country/region drop-down it's only showing United States, though I want other countries to be shown too. As my customers are texting me this Issue. I have mentioned other countries in the shipment zone but it's not showing. Help Please.

ElOcasoApparel
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi:

Im having the same issue with my Store, customers cant select a country when making a purchase, there's no Drop down menu. Please help

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hi, @ElOcasoApparel

Have you set up shipping rates for all countries as explained in the thread above? If so, please share your store link with me here and I can take a look for you. Thanks! 

Bojan1
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem

checkout2.jpgCheckout.JPG

YALLAHSOCKS
Visitor
1 0 0

HI I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE PLZ I NEED HELP AND OTHER I HAVE AN ISSUE DUE THE CHECK OUT IN GENERAL

gadgetsstore
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Brie,

I have a same issues Selecting Country During Checkout. Can I give you store URL and you take a look?

Thank you.

CJLinds
Visitor
1 0 0
Good afternoon!

My customers are not able to checkout!
They are having issues selecting a ‘Country or Region’ in the drop down box because it’s blank. Can you assist me with this?
Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hi, @CJLinds

Thank you for reaching out about that. Have you set up your shipping rates for each country? As mentioned in the conversation above, you'll want to navigate in your admin to Settings > Shipping > Manage rates (beside your shipping zones), and ensure that you have shipping zones set up for each country that you want to ship to. Under "Shipping to", you'll see all the countries that you currently have zones set up for, and any countries not included in a zone will not be able to checkout:

20-05-kz2og-jjjxq

For more help setting that up, take a look at our help doc here. Let me know if you have any questions!

ElOcasoApparel
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi Brie

thank you for your reply. Ive added my shipping rates but now i get an error, i was testing everything by trying to make a purchase, but when Checking out I get this error message “This order can’t be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information.”

Please help me with this, Ive been trying for days, I tried to hire an expert, but their prices are crazy, I cant afford them, please help. 

Thank you again 

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hi, @ElOcasoApparel

No worries at all, I'm happy to give you a hand. Can you please share a screenshot of the checkout showing that error message and the details of the order (the address and product that you were checking out with)? As well, please provide a screenshot of your shipping settings for that country. Thanks!

ElOcasoApparel
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi Brie

this is the screenshot of the error I get when checking out. My store address is : 

https://el-ocaso-apparel.myshopify.com/collections/jewelry/products/s925-hollow-semi-circular-zircon...

And that is the product I tried to buy, the delivery address is in York, Ontario, Canada. 

Please help. Is it possible to contact you via email or private messages? Thank you

052ED815-A95E-4D7D-AD34-8D185002C800.png

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hey, @ElOcasoApparel!

Thanks for the link and the screenshot. I'm able to checkout with that product with a variety of Canadian addresses, without receiving any errors: 

20-34-ujy3q-w2w3t

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the exact order you were checking out with? Thanks! 

meerafares
4 0 0

Hey ,

I have the same issue as I did everything you said up for my friend but still its not working its showing like this 

flashstore
Visitor
1 0 0

Where can I send you the screenshots, my country/reigon is blank too,

pattyfca
Visitor
1 0 0

My customers cannot select Country of Origin at Checkout.  

I've read about changing the settings for where shipping to, but I do not ship or deliver items.

Help?

Thanks, pattyfca

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hey, @pattyfca!

If those are digital products, you likely just need to turn off the "this item requires shipping" option in the product's settings. Are those digital, or are your items pickup only? Cheers!

hverdagbasics
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Circular

Thanks for raising the issue. 

all the best in your journey

@circular wrote:

Hello,

I am currently doing a test order on my account.

When filling up my shipping address fields in the checkout page, I am unable to select the country/Region as it is not responsive (not drop down). Without this input, the form doesn't process and proceed to the next order step. > Shipping > payment.

I am stuck at this point without finding a solution.

Would appreciate any kind of help .

Please refer to my screenshot below.

Thank you.

Issue Image.JPG

rens1
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem. While I do have my send settings set right.

rens1_0-1652350553811.png