Issues selecting country during checkout

Highlighted
1 0 0
Good afternoon!

My customers are not able to checkout!
They are having issues selecting a ‘Country or Region’ in the drop down box because it’s blank. Can you assist me with this?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
314 20 48

Hi, @CJLinds

Thank you for reaching out about that. Have you set up your shipping rates for each country? As mentioned in the conversation above, you'll want to navigate in your admin to Settings > Shipping > Manage rates (beside your shipping zones), and ensure that you have shipping zones set up for each country that you want to ship to. Under "Shipping to", you'll see all the countries that you currently have zones set up for, and any countries not included in a zone will not be able to checkout:

20-05-kz2og-jjjxq

For more help setting that up, take a look at our help doc here. Let me know if you have any questions!

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

HI, I am encountering the same problem, which did not happen before, and suddenly having this problem overnight without any reason.

My shop is www.mamy-kingdom.com. Please can anyone help urgently? Thanks a lot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
314 20 48

Hi, @MamyKingdom

I seem to be able to use your country drop down without any issues - at the current time Hong Kong is the only option, do you ship to other countries as well? If so, please follow the troubleshooting steps above to ensure you have shipping zones set up for those countries. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Brie,

thanks for the explanation attaching the document (here) It has resolved my issue as well. 

good work. 

@Brie wrote:

Hi, @JOMERCHSTORE

Thank you for reaching out about that. If you navigate to Settings > Shipping > Manage rates (beside each of your shipping profiles), you can view which countries you've set up shipping rates for. Any countries not included in a zone will not be able to checkout. For more help setting that up, take a look at our help doc here. Let me know if you have any questions!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Circular

Thanks for raising the issue. 

all the best in your journey

@circular wrote:

Hello,

I am currently doing a test order on my account.

When filling up my shipping address fields in the checkout page, I am unable to select the country/Region as it is not responsive (not drop down). Without this input, the form doesn't process and proceed to the next order step. > Shipping > payment.

I am stuck at this point without finding a solution.

Would appreciate any kind of help .

Please refer to my screenshot below.

Thank you.

Issue Image.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi:

Im having the same issue with my Store, customers cant select a country when making a purchase, there's no Drop down menu. Please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
314 20 48

Hi, @ElOcasoApparel

Have you set up shipping rates for all countries as explained in the thread above? If so, please share your store link with me here and I can take a look for you. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Brie

thank you for your reply. Ive added my shipping rates but now i get an error, i was testing everything by trying to make a purchase, but when Checking out I get this error message “This order can’t be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information.”

Please help me with this, Ive been trying for days, I tried to hire an expert, but their prices are crazy, I cant afford them, please help. 

Thank you again 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
314 20 48

Hi, @ElOcasoApparel

No worries at all, I'm happy to give you a hand. Can you please share a screenshot of the checkout showing that error message and the details of the order (the address and product that you were checking out with)? As well, please provide a screenshot of your shipping settings for that country. Thanks!

0 Likes