Items I deleted still showup when I view Facebook

Highlighted
1 0 3

When I imported my items from eBay it imported things not related to my Shopify Page.  So I deleted those items and synched the page but those items still show when I view the page.  When I open them it says: People cannot currently see this product because it is not marked as published for sale on Facebook. But the item is not in my Shopify Products anymore.  How can I remove these items so that other admins to the Facebook page don't need to look through them?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 23

Hey there Adam!

Genevieve from Shopify here :) 

Keeping deleted items listed on your Facebook shop, but invisible to visitors to the store, is actually required for syncing between Shopify and Facebook at this time. There's currently no work-around. 

While the idea is that it doesn't matter since only the Facebook page admins can see the deleted products, I can see it might be confusing for your staff members, so I'll certainly pass that feedback along to our developers :) 

Cheers!

Genevieve S.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

oh no , this is terrible , im having the same experiance and im not liking that the deleted products stay on my fb shop page. My inventory is constantly changing.  I DO NOT want products i no longer have lingering around on my shop page for me to see. it makes it look cluttered and unorganized. Im still on my 14 day trial and this just might be the deal breaker for me. Does Shopify and Facebook have a remedy for this ?

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Has there been any movement on this? We sell one-of-a-kind items and need them to be removed when they are sold. Currently, I can't see what a visitor sees because I always see the removed items. Is there any workaround for this?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 1

Hi!

Having the same issue. But I have tested this without login into facebook, and even then I can see deleted product on Facebook (If I am not logged in as admin).

This is very disturbing for us, as we deleted the products that are not appropriate for selling on Facebook, but they still are vidible there.

Is there any upfate on this issue?

Thank you!

Maris, Excel Import Export for Shopify: https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'll agree with this beeing a problem. We also have unike products to sell and not being able to remove old items from the facebook storefront really do really mess things up.  I hope you manage to solve this issue soon!

Jørgen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I have the same issue, very frustrating, and annoying.
I even asked for help in a live chat support, was told its sortd wait for facebook to refresh and sync and it will be fine, that was only within the week!  Still no fix! i was advised it would work.
I search for help and see this 4 month old thread, serious?? 
We pay for the service here, not sure why we do with the failed support and fixes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

please take an action for this problem

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Why no one from Shopify employees contact with us and resolve the issue! this topic has been open for long, and many of us having the same problem with Facebook Store, it's unacceptable to leave us like that shopify guys!

Thanks!

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Well now I know why I'm seeing that deleted item.  I was going crazy for hours trying to figure out what was wrong.  I'm about to launch my store for the first time and really hope buyers can't see the product.  I'd hate to lose a sale from someone attempting to buy something that I simply don't offer and then turn around and leave.

I see Shopify has been silent on this issue so I'm just gonna pray that they are working on a fix.

0 Likes