Items in 'active' status, but now showing up on website

malaandmantra
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

Can anyone help with this? Previously on our shopify, items were either 'available' or 'unavailable'. The available items would show up on customer pages. Now, our items all show as 'active' but some are not visible on customer pages. There's no longer an option to 'mark available'. The items in question are inventory tracked items and I have added quantities we have available to sell.

Replies 4 (4)

Finley
Shopify Staff (Retired)
201 26 45

Hey @malaandmantra,

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your question! As you would have seen, with the new product status feature, you'll have the option to have your products set as Active, Draft, or Archived. For your products to be visible to your customers, they need to be set as Active as you've done, but you'll also need to select all the sales channels and apps where you'd like the product to be available. From what you shared, it sounds like these specific products you're having an issue with have yet to be marked as "available" for certain sales channels.

There are a few ways you can do this:

1) Product details

You can manage the availability from the product's detail page by clicking the Manage button under the Sales channels and apps section like so:

20-11-n4dgz-t805f.

2) Select multiple products

You can select multiple products and mark them as" available" to the sales channels and apps needed from your Product list like so:

20-11-2fls7-l5y94.

3) Use the bulk editor

You can also use the Bulk Editor to update many products at once:

20-11-fu00a-bwxd5.

Did that help resolve the visibility issue with certain products? Let me know if you need further assistance or clarification and I'll be happy to take a close look!

I hope you had a wonderful day.

All the best,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

zenfulllife
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you this definitely helped me 

sophiebabbage
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, 

Just following on from this, now there is only the 'active' 'draft' and 'archive' what about learnings from a Paid Social stand point?

Previously if an item was out of stock, we could mark this rather than archive but still retain the learnings for paid social. By archiving we remove all learnings. Is there a way to keep as 'available' but 'out of stock'. At first glance would the be to follow the steps, mark as available but remove from 'available channels'?

Finley
Shopify Staff (Retired)
201 26 45

Hey, @sophiebabbage!

I hope you're well! When you say your learnings for paid social, you're referring to any analytics or reporting tools you're using to review your store's recent activity and get insight into your visitors, is that right? What kind of tools are you currently using? We do have a ton of great courses available on Shopify Compass, including one on growing your sales by understanding visitor behavior. You may be interested in taking a peek at that one.

To clarify, you can absolutely have a product visible ("active") on your store, whist it being out of stock. The "archive" button is used by business owners who don't currently want a product showing on the website or in the Shopify admin. For example, some stores have seasonal products and would not want the product to be visible all year round. The archive button is a great way to remove the product from your view but easily add it back without recreating the product all over again.

To track your inventory, you can ensure the "Track quantity" button is checked, and inventory numbers are entered under the Inventory section of your product detail page:

21-05-05qye-6yzw6.

Once your inventory number hits zero, the product will show as out-of-stock.

I do hope that clarifies things. However, if I can address any points further, please let me know!

Best regards,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.