Items prohibited...

Highlighted
1 0 0

This has to be the dumbest stuff I have ever heard...! I originally wanted to do a Amazon FBA but they make you jump through rings of fire to sell cosmetics... This is crazy.. so I have a few questions. Is there another E-commerce platform I can use that is not draconian as this? After read reading your comments. They gave a hairdresser a hard time about hair extensions? Yea I have 3 license hair and makeup people in my family. That's a load of B.S. That someone who has someone with liberal issues with with makeup and hair extensions.  I have my name ready to go and now more BS. What else is out there.. ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a question about custom knives and collectable knives?  I make custom knives that I consider Every Day Carry Knives and CA legal Automatics and Balisongs.  In all states you can own these knives, but some states have restrictions on carrying knives.  These laws change from state to state so i leave it up to the customer to know their state laws.  Some people consider any knife a weapon, but in most knife violence or fights it is the plain old kitchen or steak knife that is used more than a knife used for carry.  Does Shopify consider all knives weapons or is EDC Every Day Carry knives okay to sell?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 62 124

Hi there @DRocket!

Don from Shopify once again.

Whether or not you would be able to use Shopify Payments to sell knives will depend on the specific type of knife you are selling.

Generally speaking, knives that are manually opened whose primary purpose is not a weapon are okay.

If you'd like to be sure, you can create your knife products in your store and let us know here so we can see about having them reviewed if at all possible.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes