Just started a new store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey,

I just opened up a new drop shipping store in the adult toy market. Wondering if I could get some feedback. 

Very much a work in progress and the first time in retail/e-commerce.

Regards

0 Likes

How does it feel?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 50 106

Hey there, @noddy119 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

I would absolutely love to take a look at your store and provide some feedback. Could you please provide me with a link to your store so that I can do so? 

I understand that there are certain limitations when it comes to advertising adult products. I wanted to show you this example of an adult store that overcomes this limitation. If you take a look at their social media also you will see how they use their Instagram stories, highlights and hashtags to show off new products and connect with customers. While advertising and posting may be limited with Instagram, that is not to say that it isn't a tool that you can utilize when done creatively. 

Check out this guide on marketing with Twitter. Twitter can be a really powerful tool when used correctly. With Twitter, there is absolutely no censorship so you are free to post any kind of content that you like which really opens your options. We also have this wonderful guide on increasing your traffic organically without paying for ads.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Bo

Thanks for your support. 

Link https://missvpleasuredome.com/

I have taken a look at the website you have sent through and there as some really good ideas. I think they even have a similar philosophy to us but a bit more established. 

Would be great to get some further feedback

Regards

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 50 106

Awesome, thank you for that! The first thing I took a look at was your product titles and descriptions. It is important to have your own description for each and every product. Online stores do not have sales reps there to help sell the products, the products must sell themselves and so they must be named and described effectively. For example, this product is named Dildo Sex Toy Vibrator G Point when it should be called FLXUR Sex Toy Rabbit Vibrator. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this toy? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

You do not have a contact page currently. With products of this nature, customers may have questions about the specifications of the products. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page. Trust is the most important currency an online store deals in. If a customer does not trust an online store they will not place an order, having a contact page can really help raise that trust factor. If you are willing to be contacted it is easier to trust you. 

Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. If you are dropshipping from AliExpress you should check out Ali Product Reviews, this app pulls in reviews for your products straight from AliExpress. If these are not dropshipped products then check out Product Reviews which is a free app that allows your customers to leave reviews. Here are some statistics for you to consider:
70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

You could also benefit from adding a policy page and an About Us page to your store. Customers like to know more about a business before they buy with them. Customers like to know how long an order will take to ship and what a store's return policy is before handing over any money. You can read more on this right here.

I hope this helps! 

Bo 

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes