Kash - - Direct Debit for Retailers

Tourist
4 0 2

Does anyone have any experience with the Kash Direct Debit Ecommerce Gateway that allows cotnsumers to pay directly from their bank account. It can be used with Shopify. They contacted us, and it sounds interesting. The feedback and stats we've seen sound good, and the rates are great as well. Just curious if anyone has used this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
129 0 7

Hey there!

While I haven't personally used them myself, I would like to mention that they seem to have a decent rating. I wasn't able to find any bad reviews or anything specifically with them. I haven't looked into their rates or anything, but if it looks like a good option that's cheaper, then go for it.

As an alternative, if you're using Shopify Payments with PayPal Express Checkout, you wouldn't pay any transaction fees (see our Pricing Page) on PayPal from Shopify! PayPal allows members who have their bank account linked up as well, so you always do have a backup if Kash wasn't working out for you.

Enjoy your weekend!

Justin | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

This seems to be the only thread about Kash payment gateway.  It's outdated, but thought I'd ressurect it.  Is anyone on Shopify actually using Kash?  I like the much lower fees, but I'm wondering if customers are actually using it.  Any feedback from actual users would be great.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

Mark,

We've had it on our website for a few months and get the occasional sale from it. I wish more customers used it because money is deposited into your account the next day and the fees are very low. They suggested we offer a 1% incentive to customers, but we changed it to 2% after not getting much use. It's worth doing. I'm sure we just need to promote it.

Courtney

SportsFansPlus.com 

1 Like
5 0 0

Thanks Courtney!  Couple of questions.

1)  How do you activate the 2% incentive?  Are you just refunding 2% after the sale?

2)  I poked around your site, which is great by the way, but where are you promoting the Kash payment option?  I could not see it.  Does it appear in your cart?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

1. Once they setup your Kash account. Their are account details and that's where you put in what kind of incentive you want to offer. It takes the 2% off immediately before they complete checkout.

2. Thank you. The only place it shows is on the payment options on the checkout page. That's why we need to come up with a way to promote it, or to do so through email marketing. 

1 Like
5 0 0

Thank you!  I think I'll try it out.  2% sounds and looks much better on big ticket items, but it might be a good incentive to get buyers to pull the trigger on smaller items.

0 Likes