Keep our store in USD but have a CAD bank/payment setup [Help Request]

Explorer
296 0 24

Hi. For anyone who doesn't want runing around with bank settings, I can create PayPal payment method to accept payment in USD or CAD. This can be done with a single payment method or can be done using two PayPal payment methods (one for USD and one for CAD) during checkout steps.

I have done it recently for a Bulgarian store to let the customers pay in Euros as well as local currency. You can read the review here. - https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-fulfilment/t/add-paypal-option-to-stores-with-unsu...

Drop me an email at hymnz(at)outlook(dot)com to get to know more about this.

I make apps and can help you in setting up payment gateways..
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Edward, after changing the store to USD & entering the routing number, were you able to re-activate Shopify Payment? If yes, did it reset the store back to CAD or you were able to continue in USD with the Shopify Payment?

Thanks in Advance Edward :)

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, I'm at TD opening a USD bank account. But they are telling me there's a 17.50 fee per wire transfer.

does shopify direct deposit or wire transfer to the bank account? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 4

Hello Hafsa! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! Shopify uses an ACH transfer which does include direct deposits as opposed to doing a wire transfer! You may be able to inquire with TD about how they do ACH transfers and if they charge a fee for that type of transfer.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
4 0 0

I know this is an old post but I need help and hoping you can offer me some.  I have a store set up at hey boho and when I go to edit my shopify payment under my profie so I can accept US payments and they get deposited to my US bank account (I am in Canada) for some reason when I click save, the info (transit number, bank number, ectc) disappears.  It's like I never typed it in.  I did a test purchase and alls seems to be working.  But I don't know if there is a way to know my bank info saved correctly?

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am curious about how refunds will work. Have you had to process any refunds for customers using the same Tangerine US Savings account?

I would appreciate response from anyone who has had an experience dealing with refunds.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hey Tim Kline and Gabriel Jetté, I wish to know something, if you guys received your payments through a tangerine savings account with no problem, how then did you order the articles on aliexpress to get them to your customers. Please help me, this question prevents me from starting my business.

0 Likes
Tourist
28 0 3

Hi Gando-- Sorry, can't help you with that. I make all the things I sell on my own website. Having ordered / tried to order several items from Aliexpress, I would go far and wide to avoid dropshipping from there. But good luck with it.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Tim Kline,

Ok thanks, but in fact my sole burden is just how do you manage to transfer money you receive in USD in your Tangerine US savings account to your actual CAD bank account. I contacted Tangerine and they told me to do so you should have a US bank account linked to your tangerine US savings account and also linked to your Canadian bank account and then the money would be transfered to your Canadian account within 1-2 business days. However reading your answers on the thread it doesn't seem like you had to face such transactions. Where you able to move the USD in your US savings account directly to your Canadian bank account? 

Please help fast

0 Likes
Tourist
28 0 3

Gotcha. I just transfer the USD in my Tangerine USD account to my CAD tangerine savings-- there is no delay. To transfer out to a non tangerine bank account I think you would transfer the USD to the CAD tangerine, and then transfer that to your other Candadian bank, and there would be the usual wait for that to go through.

0 Likes