Kicking the Tires

40 0 0
So how do I set up this bogus gateway to test out the ordering - now that I finally have PayPal Pro set up? Do I just choose - perhaps - the Cash On Delivery Option or something? Or can I choose any of them that aren't in the same drop down as my paypal? Any tips you have for testing particular items to make sure everything is set up properly would be fabulous. I haven't set up my shipping fees, taxes, etc - is that built into Paypal?
0 Likes
40 0 0

ARGGGGG - okay – we don’t have to do any of the API implementation stuff right. My eyes are bleeding just attempting to understand what the hell they’re talking about. I followed the steps in the forum – and that’s it right?

0 Likes
40 0 0

Okay – so I tried an order – PayPal Pro has a default shipping of $10. How do I change that? Also it added tax when I was sending to a state outside of SC - which it shouldn’t?

0 Likes
40 0 0

D’oh – my bad – I need to make these changes on Shopify – NOT on Paypal. If I only had a brain…..

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 0 0

sgfludd,

The Bogus gateway can be enabled under “Accept Credit Card Payments” on the Checkout & Payment page. You’ll want to use it for testing because we don’t charge you commission on the orders that you process with it.

We have done all of the API implementation for you, so once you’re ready to go live you just have to enter your PayPal account email under the configuration for PayPal Website Payments Pro. It can be found in the same dropdown as the Bogus gateway.

You’ll also want to make sure that you don’t have PayPal Website Payments Standard enabled if you’re using Pro. This is because the Payments Pro automatically includes a link in the checkout that allows your customers to pay with PayPal.

You are correct about the shipping and taxes. You’ll want to make sure that you don’t have any additional charges configured in your PayPal account. Shopify provides all of that information to PayPal during the payment process.

Cody Fauser Shopify – CTO
0 Likes