Klaviyo discount codes saying invalid in Shopify website

sonalikapatel
Visitor
1 0 0

I am creating a website and have integrated it with Klaviyo. The discount coupons created in Klaviyo are showing up in the Shopify account. 

However they are not getting applied during checkout process.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Replies 2 (2)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

Hey, @sonalikapatel!

Julie here from Shopify Support. 

It's great to hear that you're using Klaviyo for email marketing! This is a great way to communicate with your customers, share discount codes, and announce new product releases.

How are customers receiving the discount codes? Since they were generated in Klaviyo, it's safe to assume that you've added the discount codes to your emails. If that's the case, you'll just need to make sure that you're following Klaviyo's instructions on using dynamic coupons with Shopify. There, you'll learn how to ensure that your discount codes are added to your emails so that customers are easily able to apply them to their orders.

Keep in mind that since Klaviyo allows you to create discount codes, customers are responsible for entering the codes during the checkout process; unlike automatic discounts, discount codes are not automatically applied to orders. If you are noticing that they aren't being applied during the checkout process, then this likely indicates that your customers aren't entering them in the discount code field. 

In this case, I recommend entering a message in your emails letting customers know that they'll need to enter the code in the checkout. This should help clear up any confusion with customers and you should notice an increase in usage. 

However, if you're experiencing issues with the codes themselves, then I suggest reaching out to the Klaviyo developers directly. Since their app is responsible for generating the codes, they'll be able to help troubleshoot any issues with the codes themselves. 

As you continue working on email marketing, I also thought I'd pass along our guide, "Learn Email Marketing: Everything from List Building to Advanced Lifecycle Automation". There, you'll learn all about the fundamentals of email marketing, the types of email marketing campaigns you can send, and how to track your email marketing performance. I think you'll find it quite useful.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any further questions! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Rekha6
Excursionist
21 0 4

Hi Sonalikapatel,

Most of the user's faced this kind for issue's with few app in shopify, But recently one of the user suggested me one app where discount field applies on both Cart Page and Checkout Page just its required one time setup which take 12-24 hrs and later on with their app features you can create discounts pop's, Automatic Discount and Stack Discount much more. Here is the app link: https://apps.shopify.com/discount-coupon-field-in-cart-page

So, You should try this.