Know of any UK banks which don’t charge for International Currency?

Highlighted
1 0 0
As Shopify charge in USD every month I receive a charge from my bank TSB for this conversion which is an additional £1.70. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend another bank I could transfer to which will not charge me this each month?
I am still using a personal account as my business is not established enough to require the benefits of a business account.

Thank you.

Laura
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2370 163 339

Hi @Laura-85,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question! 

I'm thinking your best bet might be to research and ring up/visit a few different banks and see which ones give you the best rates. While doing this it could be worth looking into which banks are the best for the business bank accounts also. I am based in Ireland so it might be different and set up a business bank account with minimal requirements. The reason I'm thinking it might be good to look into both is that they would go hand in hand in my eyes. Switching your personal bank account specifically for this could be a lot of hassle, but if you could set up your business account to go with it, it might make things easier. 

I found this article which discusses the top 25 UK business bank account prices that you can read here. I know this might not be an exact answer to your question but hope it has helped and points you in the right direction for next steps. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes