Let's address the Facebook sales channel issues... (October 1st, 2018)

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Around 6 weeks ago I found out that my facebook shop was not functioning. Considering my page has been growing considerably lately, this is not good for conversion and curious shoppers. It also used to work really well for pretty much forever until lately. 

At first, I figured the issue was a simple resynchronization needed for the shop, so I did so. I then tried disabling my shop, and totally uninstalling the slaes channel + re-adding it. After a fewhours of frustration trying to figure out what was going on, I reached out to facebook as the error on my publishing page suggested I do. Here's that link by the way: 

https://www.facebook.com/business/support/topic/business-page

I was told that the problem was not with my webstore, but with Shopify... So I went to shopify, who is always helpful (that's not sarcasm, they genuinely rock) and was told it was Facebooks issue... After almost SEVEN weeks of back and forth I still am at a loss. My shops items are all allowed on Facebook, my product details are correct, and my Facebook pixel + everything else imaginable is linked up properly (all confirmed by both Facebook and Shopify) 

So what's the deal? Why can't I tag my instagram posts or have the shop tab readily available and integrated with my shopify store like so many other pages? Why am I seemingly not alone in this? (Just look at the shopify app store reviews for Facebook) 

My ideas is that the scheme meta coding could be off for shopify, but I am no expert at all when it comes to coding or anything really tech related. I just want answers and help getting this feature back. I want to open another store but don't want to have to go through this process. 

1 Like
Excursionist
30 0 6

HI Justin,

I don't think you are the only one having this problem. Since facebook started having all of these other issues with their users privacy, our facebook pages have had issues too. So much that we unlinked it altogether a few months ago. It's weird too because we removed everything but Shopify still shows that we are getting sales directly from the Facebook sales channel. I have tried everything, including using a blank facebook page that we have for testing, nothing works. I do know facebook changed their api setting for a lot of stuff and this may have been one of them. Considering that when a customer places the order using facebook, facebook is also recording all of that data and selling it to other companies. 

As of today, we cant post or use any of our facebook pages as the page. Facebook sent all of my admins  a message stating that, me the owner, needed to verify that I lived in the United States and that my company is in the United States because we have Facebook pages have over 100,000 followers. The link sends me in a loop never being able to verify it. Crazy because we are a motorcycle magazine and we dont post any political or unreated stuff. 

So my opionion is that Facebook is sending Shopify and other businesses in a run-around game instead of telling us what the issue is or what we need to do to reconnect our products from Shopify to Facebook to sell. 

Sry.. but I hopes this helps. I'm sure there a ton of others thinking they too are doing something wrong. When in fact the problem is Facebook. 

- Charlie
1 Like
Tourist
5 0 1

I really do appreciate your reply here. It’s such a shame because it’s an incredibly useful tool. We use the product catalog for product tagging and have genuinely pulled conversions no hassle with it in the past. Thank you for your response. I’m hoping Facebook gets this handled. I have currently 4 support tickets open with different reps in efforts to fix this. 

0 Likes
2 0 2

I just launched a few days ago. Had my store connected to my Facebook page and everything seemed fine. Then suddenly while I was creating an ad, I was kicked out of Facebook. When I tried to login, I got a message that there was a security issue and I needed to send them a photo of myself which I did. I reported my login issue and asked for help but nothing.

So, I decided to create a new Facebook account and a new business page. All of my Shopify products got imported in no problem. I created a couple of posts to highlight my products and got a message from Facebook that there were issues in the links of my posts. Before, I had a chance to even look at the problem, all of my posts were deleted and my prodcuts disappeared.

Now all of my products and collections have this message on Shopify: Facebook is not connected. Select a Facebook Page to use this sales channel.

Shopify tells me that my Facebook page is connected but in the publishing section states: Product detail issues. Facebook requires specific product details. Edit these products to publish them to your Facebook Shop.

I contacted Shopify Support and was informed that it's a Facebook issue and that I should contact them. After hours of searching it appears that contacting Facebook is impossible!

I've wasted at least 10 hours. At this point I'm giving up.

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

This is precisely the error I am now receiving. A Facebook representative did actually give me this link: 

https://m.facebook.com/business/help/1175004275966513

and I’m going to try and have Shopify help me get my store code formatted properly. I guess there was a mishap between communication with Shopify and Facebook. Don’t worry, you’re not alone at all. I’ve spent seven weeks now trying to get an answer for everyone. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am having the same issue! Since mid october (now a month). Were you able to solve it? Did the microdata work?

I contacted facebook and shopify MANYYYYY times. Facebook says everything is good on their end, that I should contact Shopify, Shopify says it's a facebook issue and that I should contact Facebook. Back and forth!

None of my products get published (they were all published before, I have checked every single setting) I get the following message

"Can not be published. Please contact Facebook for more information."

0 Likes
2 0 2

I waisted many hours with this issue and it still doesn't work. I have two other stores, where it works fine. I reached out to Shopify and Facebook. Shopify told me it's a Facebook issue and Facebook does not respond to my help requests.

Very frustrating that Shopify is not talking ownership and solve this issue for its customers. Passing the buck and saying it's a Facebook issue is not acceptable.

I have given up. I need to spend my time doing things that will bring revenue not wasting time on issues which I can't solve.

0 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 4

Did anyone get anywhere with this? I can't believe Shopify isn't being more proactive with how much frustration there is over this. I am in the same boat as all of you down to having one store where the connection works and one where it does not. We were a solid connection and then started getting periodically severed until now we get stuck in perpetual "review" with no word either way. The store where this isn't working is particularly active on Instagram so it's a big pain that we can't get people directly from Instagram into our page. It's super annoying that thousands of shops seem to be functioning with no problem so there obviously is a problem on all of our sites that doesn't exist on the functional ones. 

0 Likes

Hello,

Greetings !

As an Official Shopify Expert and Partner We would be happy to help you.

Please reach us at:

E-mail: admin@mswebdesigner.in
Phone: +919748230320

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer Team
Official Shopify Expert and Partner
https://experts.shopify.com/ms-webservices

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
0 Likes
2 0 0

I'm still having the same issues? Did this get sorted at all? Any luck?

0 Likes