Let's address the Facebook sales channel issues... (October 1st, 2018)

1 0 1

I have the same problems with FB channel. Products are not visible for anyone but me (admin). It seems nobody cares to solve that either FB or Shopify. When I create catalog manually in fb and add products all is working perfectly but when I connect Shopify and catalog is created by Shopify automatically no products are visible for other people. Very frustrating and annoying especially that having fb shop was one of the main reasons to go with Shopify. If it’s not resolved we’ll thing about changing ecomm  so all our work will go down the drain. It’s incredible if we look at that app rating it really sucks, why Shopify doesn’t try to fix it?

1 Like
1 0 1

Go to your Facebook page's settings. Under TEMPLATES & TABS, choose SHOPPING. That fixed it for me.

1 Like
1 0 0

I had this problem too. Shopify told me the products were unavailable, but they showed up on my Facebook Shop page. Yet I couldn't get them to show up on Instagram. What fixed it for me was the following:

In your Instagram business account, go to Options then Shopping. For some reason, I had two mysite.myshopify.com links, and one showed a higher product count. I selected the one with the higher product count and it had all of the products.

On Shopify, however, the products missing originally still show as unavailable. They all have the error "Can not be published. Please contact Facebook for more information." I don't know why this worked, but if you haven't checked your Instagram settings yet it's worth a look.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
@jc75 wrote:

Go to your Facebook page's settings. Under TEMPLATES & TABS, choose SHOPPING. That fixed it for me.

Templates and Tabs worked for me! Thanks for that @jc75 .

Makes sense as your trying to sync a shop to facebook so I guess it's looking for certain criteria that a shop template would have.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 1

i make it but not solved...

Facebook requires specific product details. Edit these products to publish them to your Facebook Shop

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am having the similar issue, "Facebook requires specific product details. Edit these products to publish them to your Facebook Shop."  How did you guy contacted Facebook. I am not even finding facebook support email or phone number. TIA for the the help.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello, I had the problem a while ago and everything is working right now. Just to let know to anyone who tags their products on instagram... if the product says that still on approval or pending, just go into your shopify app, search for the product and disable it on the facebook selling channel. Then just save it and enable it again and save it again. In just a few seconds the product will have the price on the instagram tag. At least that works for me.

Have a good day.

0 Likes
5 0 0

same problem here

0 Likes
3 0 0

I found this old post when having the same problem. I managed to fix it for me by going to the page settings in of my facebook page. Then under "shop" turn off "use checkout URL". This will send visitors to your product page instead of the checkout page. Once on the product page, visitors can use your Buy Now button. 

I would assume this hurts conversion slightly because it requires an extra action from the customer however, having a link not working at all hurts conversion even more.

0 Likes