Let's get Shopify to offer POS Staff permissions for FREE again, like every other POS!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

RESPOND OR LIKE THIS POST TO GET THE ATTENTION OF SHOPIFY.

Shopify should not be charging merchants more money for standard POS features that users used to get for free on Classic POS. Merchants use the Shopify software with the expectation that we will maintain the same features, get more features for free as the platform advances or are able to pay for more features as needed. Losing core features that merchants rely on is not an acceptable business practice. Why would any customer invest resources into a platform if essential feature may disappear or get extremely expensive?

My company doesn't need to upgrade to POS Pro because the new Pro features don't serve my particular business well. However, without upgrading to Pro we will lose POS staff permissions. I can no longer see staff sales or have a unique pin for each team member. This is a standard feature on every POS. To ask for $89/month per location so that we can once again assign staff pins is outrageous considering that this is a core feature of any POS and was once offered for free by Shopify. What is the next feature that is suddenly going to increase 500% in cost?!

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 11

Totally agree! The All new POS is terrible.  It takes twice as long to check out customers because you have to navigate through those stupid tiles. What a dumb idea.  My biggest problem is you cant even do exchanges.  Literally the most basic of functions you need.  All of these features were intentionally left off because they are a greedy company trying to take advantage of the small businesses they claim to be supporting.   I am going to flip out if I hear "we listen to all feedback" one more time.  They clearly new this thing sucked because it was in testing for months.  I tried it out and switched right back to classic.  Now they are forcing us to use it. 

Hey the shareholders are happy though thats all that matters right! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 11

Also, those features you are referring to were never "free" in the first place.  We had to pay the extra monthly fee to upgrade to plus in order to access POS classic. 

Totally happy to pay that reasonable upgrade fee for classic. Not at all reasonable to keep charging us that same fee then add more fees on top of that for a product that is worse.  

0 Likes