Limit discount maximum dollar amount?

Solved
Dhia
1 0 1

Shopify please do something - it's marked as solved, but it's not!!! I also need this feature: setting a percentage discount with a limit. It should be straightforward to implement. Please take care of it asap.

Thanks!

RyobiDealFinder
1 0 0

Why is this marked as solved?? Merchants have been asking for this for YEARS... come on SHOPIFY! PRETTY PLEASE🤷

0 Likes
Stephanie_Gosne
Tourist
3 0 0

Agreed, definitely not solved!  

0 Likes
nammabnpstore
1 0 0

Is this considered now?

0 Likes
Martyn29
3 0 0

2nd April 2021.   

It  would appear that this very essentil feature is still not available in Shopify. It is ctritical for a seller to be abel to set an upper spend limit.  What if your doing a special deal. Like 50% off a first order?     The buyer could clean out your stock!   Sellers are paying for this platform so this function surely needs to be in there as standard. 

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
988 97 147

Hey, @nammabnpstore.

Thank you for joining the thread!

I understand that having a maximum dollar amount limit on discounts is a heavily requested in this thread and we hear you. While this isn't something that we'd have a time expectancy for. However, so that our developers can prioritize new features - I'd be happy to add more requesters to this feature request. With that said, if Shopify moves forward with any changes or updates to the discount functions - You'll be able to find it on our changelog and updates page. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
WebWiser
2 0 2

Elias, this is pretty ridiculous. 

We have several large stores (on + and standard) that are doing more than $1m per month. Our clients have been asking for this for several years now and we have to keep on saying no to them. Clients are using this to allow a discount to their staff up to a max value. With over 5,000 staff members this is pretty important and is an actual risk if not managed correctly.

I can't hold this back much longer and we might have to start migrating to Salesforce if this is not resolved.

Would be a real pity if Shopify can't just action such an important point.

rpanda
1 0 0

Agreed. This seems silly... even seems like a dev originally architected it to be extensible since the data key is prerequisite_subtotal_range (emphasis on range) and it accepts an object... for some reason the object only accepts one key which is greater_than_or_equal_toprerequisite_shipping_price_range, on the other hand, only accepts less_than_or_equal_to...

Anyhow, wanted to say that my workaround for this is to create a collection with an automated condition set to a min and max price. Then tie the price rule and subsequent promo codes to that collection with entitled_collection_ids. Hope that might work for someone else who is frustrated with this 🤷‍ 

0 Likes
Adinda
1 0 0

Agree with everyone above!

This should be something basic and Shopify should have provide it to merchants

Right now my own website is competing with sales from Marketplace, and those marketplace are offering this kind of discount which is more interesting to the customer

It will be struggle for shop-owners if we couldn't offer the same thing to our customer

When will you hear us Shopify?

0 Likes
Martyn29
3 0 0
Totally agree. Its very important.

Martyn

0 Likes