Limit discount maximum dollar amount?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello - I routinely give out discount codes for things like 10% off storewide. I need a way to set a maximum dollar amount the discount can be used for (i.e. 10% off, up to $50). This is mainly used to bring in new customers to plan their first order but I do not want the ability for someone to take  10% off an order of thousands of dollars. 

Shopify doesn't have this ability and I haven't been able to find an app that does so. I would have thought this would be a somewhat common thing but I've given up looking. I am currently on the Supply theme.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 46 53

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @nuckbuc04.

Elias here from Shopify Support.

While Shopify currently does not have a way to set an order limit for discounts, there are some third-party apps that have this feature. I was able to find a few third-party apps with this feature, which allows you to set minimum or maximum limits for carts or products. These apps offer a free trial, feel free to check them out. If you require support with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages. 

• Order Limits - Minimum/Maximum limits on your products, groups or entire cart.
  • OrderLogic - Simple min and max product and order limits plus much more.
  • MinCart - Easy minimum & maximum limits on your cart, products and more.

I can see how this would be a useful feature and I will be putting forth a feature request with our developers so that this can help us grow our discount features. 

Based on my understanding that you want to prevent new customers from using the 10% off their first order discount from a larger order (thousands of dollars in products), it looks like the third-party apps mentioned above can do this. However, there are other methods to consider as well. Our ‘Buy X Get Y’ discounts, available natively, allowing you to set up something like “buy 3 get 10%” or “buy 3 get 1 free” where the discounts are applied within a limit. Keep in mind that you can also set a limit of use per customer for each discount created on Shopify. Would this be something that you might consider?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Elias, you are not answering the question. The thing is not to limit the products quantity, we need to limit the max USD discount. Ej 10% with a top of USD50, and of course allowing the client to buy all the things that she/he wants in the cart.

Is there a way to do this?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 46 53

Hey, @Pedro_Pablo_Lem.

Thank you for posting and I understand what you’re looking for. However, limiting the max dollar amount on a discount is not possible at the moment. I wasn’t able to find a third-party app that can do that as well. 

I’d be happy to put forth another feature request to our developers on your behalf.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi All,

We have a similar situation, I don't understand what solution OP settled with. We have a 50% discount, but we want to only have it applied on orders whose amount is less than or equal to $300. We don't want to give discounts on big spends. 

So Please can you clarify how you resolved your situation.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any luck finding a solution. I am brand new to Shopify and this was the first discount I went to go setup and noticed I can't do this. I want to offer 10% off upto $100 off. Any luck let me know in your findings.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2
nope sorry. try the app store there may be something there, though.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 12 21

@socialsafety 

App Selly has a motivator feature to offer discount based on cart amount:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

You can create 2 motivators: motivator 1 to offer discount 10% with cart goal is $1 and motivator 2 to offer discount $100 with cart goal is $1000.

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 46 53

Hey, @officialcm, & @socialsafety.

Welcome and thank you for joining the thread!

I understand you're also looking to set a maximum price limit on discount codes. As previously mentioned, there isn't a way to set a maximum price limit for a discounts at the moment and I didn't have any luck finding a third-party app that can do this. However, there are some apps mentioned earlier in the thread that can apply a maximum limit to the customer's cart, which may be a solution for some stores. With that said, I'd be happy to share your requests as a feature request with our developers. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi - Can you please confirm if this request has been submitted ? No doubt it is a simple code fix ?

This is a very important option that I would have assumed as standard. Being able to offer larger discounts but at the same time limit the actual $ value saved, is very important and used widely.

Look forward to a solution

Thanks

Robert

1 Like