Limit storefront access per Zip Code

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

I have a client requesting to create a local store. This store works with local deliveries from different providers but only on limited zip codes.

The goal is to have a homepage such as this one: https://minibardelivery.com/ where visitor is prompted to enter address (in our case, zipcode), and once users submit their address see product availability based on their zipcode.

I want to minimize custom development. I'm searching the store and I can't find an app that does exactly this. Is there any other solution outside the app store that will allow me to achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

Hi SBC, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. There are a couple of different apps you could look into here to do this a couple of different ways. Let's take a look at them below:

• Locksmith - Locksmith essentially locks to protect your content to let specific people to a certain place on your website based on specific criteria. I took a look and it doesn't seem to be as specific as a postal code, but you can base it on an IP address or country. You can adjust the code of the app for more specifications which could work for the postal code aspect. Your best bet would be to reach out to the developer directly to see if this is possible. 
  • Wholesale Lock Manager - Wholesale manager is essentially the same style of app as Locksmith. It would be worth your while to take a look at both of the apps and see which one best fits what you're looking for. 
  • Another avenue you can take is a shipping app which only lets certain people in a specific postal code check out the product. The main difference with this process is that it will allow the customer to get to the shipping process of the checkout and not lock them out of seeing the product in the first place. The app is called Better Shipping and you can see it in the Shopify app store here

I hope this helps and one of these suits the needs of what you're looking for. Don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about this or anything else. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Thanks so much, I will check out these apps. Locking site sounds like a great idea, I think I can probably work around that.

Shipping I had considered, but we don't want to show products customers can't check out.

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

Sounds good. Fingers crossed locking certain aspects the site will work and completely understand that the shipping option might not work as it does show the product. Best to have all the options to see and decide from there. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
25 0 5

Hey @SBC 

I hope you are doing well. I know it's 2 years later but would like to let you know that I launched an app last week which exactly does what you are looking for. Do you mind checking it out and see if it fit your needs? More than happy to discuss further if you are looking for more features within same app.

https://apps.shopify.com/zip-code-check-waiting-list

With this app, merchants can add a popup or homepage section that asks buyers to enter their zip code and validate that delivery is available in their region

Apart from functionality you mention, app also helps you collecting customer email addresses from non serviceable zip codes which then could help you to decide your next zip code to launch.

d3e7ef92681f5ba8fdf373a48b12ed57.jpgf5f1b9e05a318b0869c3898bad681380.jpg

0 Likes