Limited to 12 Collections

Highlighted
3 0 0

Everything I can find online indicates the number of collections I can have is unlimited. However, when we try to make a few seasonal collections visible in the store, Shopify says we can only have 12. Are we missing something? What's the point of unlimited collections if you can't have them all visible?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
352 40 69

Hey, Lisa!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

You're absolutely right that there isn't a limit to the number of collections or products that you can have in your store. There are also a few different ways that you can organize the structure of how everything is displayed. It sounds like you might be trying to add the collections to a section on the homepage, is that right?

Sections for the homepage will have limitations depending on the theme, as they're set up to have various design styles. With most themes, if you'd like to show more collections than the section allows, you can just add another section beneath it.

25-17-w2jbr-00ho1

The nice thing about this is you can break the collections up if you wanted to showcase something else in between. You could also swap sections out quite easily by hiding or showing different ones for your seasonal collections.

If you'd prefer to set up your collections in the menus, you could create nested menus based on the organization of your store. This guide from our help center explains how to set up nested menus in your navigation section. 

Deciding which method is best will depend on the user flow you feel would work best for your customers. Have you had a chance to think about the type of experience you'd like for visitors to your store?

I hope one of these options helps you to showcase all of your collections. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about what I've said.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes