Limiting items to one per customer?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Shopify newbie here, but I've searched the archives and couldn't find an answer.

I have an item that I want to limit to one-per-customer - in other words, each customer may only buy one unit of this item. Can I do that, and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
50 0 4

Hello, James!

Xue here from the Shopify team to help you out. 

With your specific request, this won't be natively available with our Shopify platform as it appears to be very unique to your business set up. Not to worry, a solution like this can be found in an app. Check out Order Limits, they appear to be offering the service you're looking for when limiting products to one-per-customer. 

Let us know how it goes, otherwise, if you'd like to discuss this further feel free to reach out to our Support Team at any time. 

All the best, 

Xue | Shopify Guru 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

Is this still the case in 2019? We're not interested in using a third-party app.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

In this case, does the app have the ability to remember the previous person who bought the course and won't let the person buy the product again?

Say I am selling online courses and the person buys my course, then he/she attempts to buy again the second time.

Can the app recognize this and reject the order for the same course?

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

The app suggested doesn't seem to support limiting 1 purchase per person per product. Is there any other way of getting this done? Thanks for any inputs in advance

0 Likes