Link 3rd party Website

2 0 0

Hey guys 

I'm new to the shopify world. We are having a website creating with netministry. For an another area of business our site has a store front that we are going to use. My developer said that he could link the shopify to the store if it was possible because they dont have the APP integration capabilities. 

Does Shopify have a link for the purpose of integrating into another website??

Thanks

Eric

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2571 185 403

Hi @alleneric293,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question. 

There are a couple of ways you can go about this if you like. Let's take a look into them below: 

• Buy Buttons: The Buy Button feature is the most common method to go about this. Buy Buttons help you add your products to your external website and blog posts. They also make purchasing the products easier for customers by removing the need to go to a separate page to finalize their order. You can see the help document Shopify has for this going into much more detail about the Buy Button here
  • Another way you could go about this is to add a redirect to a Shopify store from a tab. So you could have your primary website and on the homepage have a tab at the top named "Shop" where you can redirect to your Shopify store. It wouldn't be as integrated as the buy button, but it's definitely something to consider and look into. 

Do you feel like either one of these options could work for what you're looking to do? 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick thank you

So the Buy Button is basically a link? 
How do we access/ purchase the buy button?

Now, my overall problem that got me to this point was that my website cant integrate apps so what about the printify app and others? 
Do I just create completely separate Shopify store just like normal and use the buy button and it adds my entire Shopify site to my other webpage? 

Sorry so many questions? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2571 185 403

Hi @alleneric293,

No need to apologize for the questions, that's what we're here for. 

The Buy Button is essentially adding an "Add to cart" button for a product on a non-Shopify hosted website. It will look something similar to the screenshot below: 

20-01-490az-p18o8

To purchase or access a Buy Button, you would do this through your store admin by taking the following steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, click the + button beside the Sales channels heading.
  2. On the Add sales channel dialog, click Buy Button to learn more about the sales channel.
  3. Click Add channel.

Shopify has a great guide for this going into detail which you can see here

When you mention the below: Can I ask where you have your website hosted? Any Shopify store can integrate apps such as Printify etc, so I am guessing you are hosted somewhere else. 

Now, my overall problem that got me to this point was that my website cant integrate apps so what about the printify app and others? 
Do I just create completely separate Shopify store just like normal and use the buy button and it adds my entire Shopify site to my other webpage? 

To use the Buy Button you will need to create a Shopify account but not necessarily the actual front-facing website aspect of it. If you want to go down the route of using a re-direct link to a full store, then I would suggest creating one, but if you are just using the Buy Button, you would mainly just need to add the products to your admin and then connect the Buy Button to the website you want. Shopify also has a guide for creating Buy Buttons which might shed some more light on this for you here

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes