Link to Pdf in rich text box won't open

Highlighted
3 0 0

I have been having problems with a link to a pdf on my contact page. i've uploaded the pdf file to the "Settings> Files" and then added the link to the pdf in the rtf box but the link is not active on the live version of the web site, whatever i do.

i've talked to a shopify guru and he noticed something strange in the corresponding html might be the problem. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 11.20.24 AM.png

 does anybody know what i can do about this?

thank you so much

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 26 41

Hey, @EricBertrand!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're facing with linking your pdf file to a page. I'm happy to help out with this! In order to help out, I'll first need to get some more information. Could you please send me a link to the page where you've attempted to link this pdf file? Also, could you please share some screenshots showing how you've tried to set up the link? Once I have some more context, I should be able to provide some more assistance. Also, just for reference, here are some steps on how to properly link a pdf file to a page: 

• First head over to your Settings> Files and copy the entire URL associated with the uploaded file in question
  • Next, head over to your page where you want the link and enter some text or an image to become the link
  • Highlight the text or image, and click on the button in the content box tool bar for adding a link. You'll then have the ability to paste in the URL for your file:

20-07-f0ljx-gi66x.png

• Once you save the page, the text or image should become clickable on your live site, and will then direct customers to your pdf file

I hope this is helpful, but if you continue to face issues, please reply back here with some additional information. I'll be glad to continue assisting. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Ash and thank you for your help

So as i mentioned to the guru i spoke to  by chat, i have done everything the instructions you posted say. stiff the link does not work. It may be linked to the blurb highlighted in the image i inserted in my query

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 11.20.24 AM.png

 the page i am trying to do that in is https://ericcarlosbertrandart.com/pages/about-me

this is where i get the url and where my pdf file is

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.59.21 PM.png

 and this is how i do it

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.02.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.03.53 PM.png

please od not hesitate if you need more info

Eric

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 26 41

Thank you for getting back to me with the additional information and screenshots! 

I accessed the page linked in your reply, and after clicking the "CV (PDF)" hyperlink, I'm redirected to a page featuring your PDF file. Check out these screenshots to see exactly what I'm clicking, and where I'm directed: 

Clicking this: 

20-07-o8tsh-xzrg6.png

Is directing me here: 

20-07-0667c-9hwq3.png

Is what's shown in my above screenshots the functionality that you're expecting? If so, it would seem that it is working on my end as expected, and I have some local troubleshooting steps you can take to try to resolve the functionality on your end. Here are some steps to try: 

• Check your browser for any available updates and complete them if able
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies (https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic)
  • Access your shop in a private / incognito browsing session and try again
  • Try in an alternate browser and complete the above steps again
  • Try on an alternate device and complete the above steps again

Please reply here and let me know how this goes for you. If you continue to run into the same issue, please also send an additional screenshot showing what happens on your end when you try to click the "CV (PDF)" link.

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you for your help! I have been able to fix it since then

0 Likes