Linked shopify products?

Highlighted
19 0 0

Hi all

I was wondering if it is possible to link products that use a calendar together?

or, failing that, find a way to hide certain variants of a product from the main store and only have it accessible via the admin section? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 47

Hi, @AntonC !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

It sounds as though you are looking to create an automated collection to group certain products together, is that right? Can you tell me a little more about the products that use a calendar? 

Regarding the ability to hide variants; can you tell me more about that? Why are you looking to hide variants and which ones would you hide specifically? Does this have to do with hiding variants that are out of stock?

I look forward to your reply with more context.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

It sounds as though you are looking to create an automated collection to group certain products together, is that right? Can you tell me a little more about the products that use a calendar? 

Our client has a studio with 4 rooms (Studio 1, Studio 2, Studio 3, Studio 4), those rooms have a variant called 'Duration' set to 90 and 120 minutes.
they also want to be able to block book those rooms for the entire day, so i have set up another 4 rooms called block book room1, block book room 2 etc. The problem is that these rooms have their own calendar entry rather then being booked against the calendar that the original rooms use. Is it possible to link the block booking rooms to the first rooms (studio 1, studio 2, etc)

Regarding the ability to hide variants; can you tell me more about that? Why are you looking to hide variants and which ones would you hide specifically? Does this have to do with hiding variants that are out of stock?

failing being able to link the two 'product rooms' to the same calendar, is it possible to have the 2 variants (90 | 120) visible for clients to book, but add full day booking variants (9 hours - 540 minutes, 12 hours - 720 minutes, 11 hours - 660 minutes, 7 hours - 420 minutes) that is not selectable by clients and only visible to the site admin to book through the sesami app.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 47

Thanks for that context @AntonC !

Natively, it will not be possible to link the products for the booking logic you are looking for. It is also not possible to hide variants without hiding the entire product itself. 

Your best bet in this case would be to use a booking application that will allow you to manage the scheduled time booked for the rooms. You mentioned that you are using the Sesami application, is that right? Will this application not allow you to block off the booked time slots for the rooms?

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes
Highlighted
19 0 0

yeah i am using sesami, but the problem lies in two sets of people making different bookings:
Clients (practitioners) booking rooms for 90 minutes or 120 minutes.

the site owner going into the admin part of sesami and booking block sections (whole days).

If i add the variant option for 90 minutes and 120 minutes
and
another option of day booking (block booking) 540 minutes (9 hours), 720 minutes (12 hours), 660 minutes (11 hours) and 420 minutes (7 hours).

i need to hide the day booking variant from the clients so they are not able to select it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
501 45 131

Hi @AntonC,

Victor here, just helping Rose out with some tickets. As she mentioned previously, it's not possible to hide one variant but display another within the same product—the product must either be displayed with all variants showing, or hidden altogether. It may be possible to hide some options when you are setting up variants to be used via the Sesami booking app, but this is not something I'd be able to confirm for sure. I'd suggest reaching out to the developers of the app at help@sesami.co and letting them know your situation, and they should be able to clarify whether the setup you are looking for is possible with their app.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

0 Likes