Liquid syntax error: Unexpected outer 'else' tag???

tfarrell33
4 0 0

Just recently published my online store and I want to set a minimum price for orders. I looked at the other posts relating to this but can't find a solution to the problem I now have. I added the suggested html code where my cart.total is...

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 12.56.06 PM.png

then as instructed, I also added this code to the additional checkout buttons section

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 12.57.13 PM.png

But as you can see, every time I try to save, I get the same liquid syntax error about an unexpected outer %else&

The template I'm using and editing is Brooklyn.

Any help is deeply appreciated! 

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2006

Without seeing the entire code block we can't be 100% sure where the issue is.
Are you sure the endif tag shown at noted line number wasn't something you added but perhaps shouldn't have? 

If you're not sure, please post more of the code.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
tfarrell33
4 0 0

The endif tag under the "uh-oh..." was what suggested to put there. but after reading what you said, i took it out and it did let me save the code. however, i was still able to check out with an amount below the minimum. 

i'll go ahead and post more of the code here (this is the code after i took out that endif tag you mentioned. the code screenshots will include before the cart.total, the actual cart.total code, the minimum price html code that was suggested to be added, and the end of the cart.liquid code. 

if this isn't enough code, please tell me and I will upload more.

thanks for your reply by the way! this help is really appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.05.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.06.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.06.28 PM.png

0 Likes
tfarrell33
4 0 0

I sent the extra code in a few days ago now. can you please reply? i'd really appreciate it! my site is live at the moment and i'd like to be able to turn on the automatic authorization feature which i can't do atm since i can't set a minimum. 

0 Likes