Liveview????

Solved
Loudell
Tourist
6 0 5

Ever since this feature was changed to a rotatable globe, Liveview does not work. I could have 10 customers on my shopify store and NONE of them will show on Liveview.

Any comments?

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
180 54 29

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Loudell

June here from Shopify. Thanks so much for getting in touch about this.

I'd love to hear more about how your Live View is currently behaving.

On our most up-to-date version, we can expect to see green visitor dots appear on the map as customers add items to their carts - these will also be reflected as Active carts in the Customer behaviour section below. This green dot will flash until the customer begins their checkout, then it will become solid. So while you should always be able to see the number of current visitors on your storefront, you won't see their location until they activate their cart. You can test this yourself by visiting your online store and watching your location appear on your live view map as you add an item to your cart.

In my own experience, if the Visitors right now field does not update right away, we can definitely expect it to within a couple of minutes. Let me know if that isn't the case though and we can explore why that might be. 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Loudell
Tourist
6 0 5
I believe I am on the most current version. If you have a version # or
similar I can confirm this further. however since this new version I
have NEVER seen a live customer. Only the icon for the store location.
The old version showed the live person location immediately. How many
minutes should I wait for live shopper to appear? Especially since most
casual viewers are on for about 20 seconds. Let me know..
0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
180 54 29

Hi @Loudell

Absolutely, all stores should be seeing our current Live View since we made the upgrade - we just want to make sure that yours is behaving exactly as it should!

To test this, could you please visit your online store and add an item to your cart?

In another browser tab, open your Shopify admin to Analytics > Live View and notice any changes to the metrics Active carts (which should be triggered when an item is added to cart) and Visitors right now.

Bear in mind that since Visitors right now is meant to reflect the "number of visitors who have been active on your online store in the past 5 minutes", it's definitely possible that this number could take up to 5 minutes to show a new visit.

If you're noticing it takes longer than this, a couple of things I would recommend doing to isolate the issue would be:

• Make sure your current browser is up-to-date.
  • Clear your cache and cookies.
  • Try another browser (Chrome, Safari, etc).
  • Try an Incognito window.
  • Open your Shopify mobile app and visit your Live View. Are you noticing any different results?

Take the time to give those steps a try and let me know how it goes!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Loudell
Tourist
6 0 5
Will do