Local Delivery + Google Addresses

Highlighted
2 0 0

Would like to use the Local Delivery, but clients are having issues with the "Powered by Google" address not showing the correct town, but the neighboring one(delivering to multiple towns in one mountain valley). These are known map issues even when using Google Maps of Apple Maps. Therefore, clients are bypassing the auto address drop down, filling in manually, but then getting an error that delivery does not happen at that address (because it is not a Google address?). Is there a way to get rid of the "Powered by Google" addresses, have them manually enter address and use just zip codes in the app to determine the local delivery allowance?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
42 4 9

You can turn off google auto completion from Settings > Checkout. Scroll to order processing you can see the option there. Screenshot as below. Hope it helps.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 19.11.22.png

Shan | www.linkedin.com/in/shansalam

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you, but if I turn it off, and put in the acceptable zip codes for Local Delivery, will that app still work? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
42 4 9

I am not sure about this. But the best way to find it out would be to turn it off and do a demo transaction by entering zip code. If it works, then ok. Else you could just reverse it back. 

Shan | www.linkedin.com/in/shansalam

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes