Local Pick up without revealing pickup address

Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there a way to offer local pick up without revealing the pick up address until AFTER the customer has paid at checkout. The address is shown with the shipping info before they complete checkout. I would prefer to have an email sent with pick up details and exact locations after they complete checkout. I am using a personal address so i want to keep it more private. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 50

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

The local pick up feature is designed to connect to an existing location within your shipping settings. That location cannot exist within the settings without being the full address. While it allows your customer the chance to see the address and determine whether or not they are able to pick up the order, I can understand the level of privacy you wish to maintain.

With that being said, the other option you have would be to create a flat shipping rate based on price ($0 orders and up) that goes by the name "Pick up - City name". That way, all your customers will see this option and determine whether or not they can pick up within that city limit. 

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Excursionist
42 0 8

Dear Shopify.
It would be great if we could edit the notification sent to the customer when the pick up is ready.  Since I work from home and I have my physical location set as my PO Box, I would like to let the customer know that's not where they will be picking up.  I have a few meeting places nearby or a store where my daughter works about 20 minutes away for folks that live near there so it's easier for them.   I'm not going to create inventory at each one of those locations ( inventory tracking is bad enough since I inventory product but sell designs )so..... at least if we could edit each notification on the fly (per individual pick up / customer) to let each customer know individually the address and time they could pick up, it would be great.  I'm sure there's a ton of people that have shopify stores that work from home and don't want customers coming to their house would appreciate this tweak!
Thank you

Highlighted
2 0 0

I'd like to know the alternatives as well.

I have several moving pick up locations so I'd rather notify customers when the orders are ready.

0 Likes