Local and traveling sales reps?

6 0 0

I am switching to Shopify and want to start rewarding my sales/customer service people more. Does Shopify assign the name of whoever is logged in to take an order to that order as a sales rep? Also how would I go about setting up traveling or out of the office sales reps in a way that I could track the sales accurately for commissions? There are so many APPs and seeing how I am very new to Shopify I am not entirely sure what the core system is capable of and where I would actually need an APP.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
58 0 8

Shopify has a timeline for each order that tracks all the activities that are going on with the order. If your sales rep manually creates the order or adds a comment, the timeline should show who created the order, which you can then offer the commission to. 

Screenshot 2019-10-31 14.19.41.png

Your case of finding an app sounds specific and I would recommend you hire a part-time developer either through UpWork or Fiver to build an app to track the commissions. A lot of merchants opp to build private apps for internal use. 

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you. I did notice and like the timeline feature. I guess that I am more curious as to if the sales reps name will show up on invoices and if my accounting department will be able to easily gather data on who sole what each pay period. I am hoping that there is an APP out there that might already do this. I am not sure what it costs to have these kind of customization done but if there is already a solution out there then I would rather use something that has already been tested successfully. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I have created an account on UpWork now and have set up a job for bids. I am not exactly sure what the technical requirements would be for the work that I want done. I mean as in what coding language or experience I should be requesting. Would you have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Marc

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
58 0 8

You want to be looking for either a ruby developer or a PHP developer that has experience in building Shopify apps using the embedded app SDK. If you're not familiar with programming, I would suggest you find a friend who does and see what the going cost is for outsourcing the development.

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Marc

0 Likes