Local pickup not working,

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, i've enabled local pickup but when I go to test purchase an item I get: "Your order isn't available for pickup. Enter a shipping address." 

Local delivery is working fine, any ideas what i can do to get this working?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 53 65

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Harry30.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out!

It's hard to identify where the issue is without screenshots or seeing your store's local pickup settings. However, there are a few steps before enabling local pickup that needs review to ensure that the feature is set up properly. First, you'll want to double-check your Locations settings (Settings > Locations). If you have multiple locations, we'll want to make sure that your store has set up fulfillment priorities and have the pickup location enabled to fulfill online orders as well. After that, we'll need to make sure there are inventory assigned to this location

If the issue continues to persists, don't hesitate to let me know. Please share a couple of screenshots of your local pickup settings and I'd be happy to take a closer look!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much, I created a 2nd location for my shop so that my physcial home address for my online store was not displaying to the public. When I created my "fictitious" display address I didn't stock quantities at this location and that was causing the error. Thank you so much for your assistance, it was resolved immediately using your suggestions!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there

I am experiencing the same issue, however on my dashboard i dont have "fulfillment priority" as an option. Any reason why? 

I've lost out on a few customers already

Hoping you could assist

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 22.03.57.png

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 53 65

Hey, @Nabeelah-1991.

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, that's extremely helpful!

It looks like you have two locations, which are both deactivated, so there won't be a fulfillment priority function at the moment. However, you can reactivate one of your locations or add a new location. Once you have more than 1 active location, the function will appear and you'll be able to set up the fulfillment priorities. I hope that will help prevent further loss of customers!

That being said, did you intend on disabling the two locations shown in your screenshot?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey @Elias 

Thanks it worked, i deactivated the other 2 locations temporarily until i get managing one correct

What i am trying to achieve, is to enable Local pickup. I followed the instructions in your first response,

I checked that there is inventory assigned to my location, however i still cannot get Local pickup to work. It tells my customers that "Your order isnt available for pickup"

Could you advise what i could do next?

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 22.43.03.png

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
531 53 65

Hey, @Nabeelah-1991.

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. I'm afraid I am not able to identify the issue, as there isn't enough information shared. However, I've located your store and I've sent an authentication email to the registered email we have on file. Please check your inbox/spam folders in the account owner's email and reply to it. After that, I'd be happy to take a closer look!

Thanks!

0 Likes