Local pickup not working,

Solved
reereedeedough
2 0 0

I am also having the same issue, I created two different locations with the same address, but it's still saying local pickup is not an option.  

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
852 81 112

Hey, @reereedeedough.

Thank you for joining the thread!

If you've already tried the troubleshooting steps from the accepted solution, I'd be happy to take a closer look!

Are you able to share a screenshot of your Locations settings? And, one from managing the Local Pickup in your Shipping & delivery settings?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
maximus1
Tourist
4 0 2

I know that I might be late to the game, but I figured out why the local pickup might not be working for some of you. (SCROLL down to ** for the solution.)

I ran into the exact same issue with our store. Local Pickup was showing up one day, and stopped working the next day.

I went back through to figure out what might have happened. Checked that my fulfillment priorities were correct, inventory assigned to location, checked to make sure location offers local pickup, etc.

Anyways, this is what I learned. The actually issue is with how the "shipping" is set up in your admin setting. I know, "shipping" is the last place you would look to figure out why "Pickup" is not working.

**You have to set up a shipping rate for the location that accepts pickup. Then Shopify will recognize that location as a fulfillment center and will allow local pickup.

Go to your main profile > Settings (gear icon bottom left) > Shipping and Delivery > Shipping > Manage Rates > (find your location) > select Add Rates > a new window should appear and choose Create New Rates > Don't do anything else> It should say "No zones or rates" > That just means you don't have shipping rates or zones, but that location is now treated as a fulfillment center > Click SAVE. Done! 

Try to add a product that is assigned to that location to your cart and see if it worked. 

Combined with all the initial setup steps required by Shopify and Adding Rate to your location, you should be back to making million$.

Check out our local menu where you can place an order and see how our checkout screen for "Local Pickup" looks. www.miflavour.com/pages/local-menu

Good luck!

BTO2
Excursionist
16 0 1

Hello Elias...

My local pick up just stopped working.  I checked inventory at the pick up location (the varients show inventory is tracked) and I've logged in as a customer to "check out" and select local pick up ... and yet  I too am getting "Local pick up not available"  See below

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 1.19.44 PM.png

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
852 81 112

Hello, @BTO2.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot!

Though I'm unable to check the settings for your local pickup, nor do I have your store URL. However, it seems you've checked over your settings and confirmed everything is set up correctly. Before we move forward with authenticating your shop and looping in our Technical team, as a quick troubleshooting step - Can you try toggling the local pickup location off and on, and see if that helps resolve the issue?

If the issue persists, simply get back to me here and I'd be happy to take a closer look!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
tmazich
3 0 0

Maximus, I would hug you if I could.  Been trying to figure that one out for days, thank you!

0 Likes
maximus1
Tourist
4 0 2

Please see my response below. It has been working for other users. 

Let me know if you run into any other issues.

0 Likes
maximus1
Tourist
4 0 2
You're very welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it worked for you as
well. Made my day! Hugs all around!
0 Likes