Location can not be verified

Highlighted
Tourist
32 0 2

On the page Setting-Location, it occurs every time : This address couldn’t be verified. You may be unable to buy shipping labels or set up certain delivery methods. Review the format or try re-entering your address. Whatever I have changed, it did not work. How to solve this problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @wangecho

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out about the message you received. 

This error indicates that the physical address entered in the 'Settings > Shipping' section of your Shopify admin doesn't match the information on Google that's tied to your address. To resolve this, please visit Google Maps and look up your address. Then, edit your address in Shopify to ensure it matches the details on Google Maps exactly. You can edit this by clicking the 'Edit address' button above the yellow error banner in the 'Settings > Locations' section of your admin. However, if your address is showing incorrectly on Google Maps and requires edits, you can follow these steps to report this to Google directly. 

If you're using a PO box as your address, then this may also be causing the error. While you can use a PO box address here, a physical address is recommended, as these address types are more accurate and will produce more precise shipping rates. If you decide to use a PO box address, you can dismiss the error message in your admin by clicking the 'x' on the top righthand corner of the yellow banner.  

Please give these options a try and let me know how it goes!

In the meantime, are you looking to resolve this error in order to purchase shipping labels from Shopify, or make changes to your shipping settings and rates? I'd love to hear more about your plans, and offer further assistance with what you're working on. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
32 0 2

My locations are right in the google map, but it does not work. Still show: This address couldn’t be verified. You may be unable to buy shipping labels or set up certain delivery methods. Review the format or try re-entering your address.

I have no idea to solve it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @wangecho

I appreciate you following up with these details. 

Can you please confirm if you're using a PO box address, or a home or business address? 

I also recommend looking over your address in the 'Settings > Locations' section of your Shopify admin to confirm the below information: 

• The street name is entered fully, without using any abbreviations. For instance, 'Street' should be entered instead of 'St', and 'Road' instead of 'Rd', etc. 
  • The postal code, or zip code, is formatted exactly the same way that's shown on Google Maps. If Google Maps indicates that a space is required between characters in this code, please ensure this is added correctly. 
  • If you have an apartment or suite number, this should be entered in the 'Apartment, suite, etc.' field, rather than the 'Address' field.  

If your address is in the USA, then I suggest using this USPS tool to verify the details, and ensure they match what's shown in your Shopify admin. 

Let me know if this error persists, and I can certainly help further!

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
32 0 2

Thanks for your reply. But it still is wrong. You can see the pictures I show.

25-01-n169d-11g2v

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @wangecho

Thanks for getting back to me, and sharing this information. 

I wanted to let you know that I blurred out your address from the screenshot your shared, in order to ensure your personal details are kept private, and not visible on the Community. 

In terms of the error you're receiving, it looks like your entire address was entered into the 'Address' field in the 'Settings > Locations > Address' section of your admin. However, in order to resolve this error, each element of your address should be placed into the designated field on the form instead, as follows: 

• In the 'Address' field, enter only the street number and street name. For example: 1234 First Street. 
  • In the 'Apartment, suite, etc.' field, enter in an apartment or suite number. If this doesn't apply, please leave the field blank. 
  • In the 'City' field, enter in the name of the city.
  • Select the country from the dropdown under 'Country/Region'
  • Select the province or state from the dropdown titled either 'Province' or 'State'
  • In the 'Postal code' or 'ZIP code' field, enter in either your postal code or ZIP code, without using any spaces. 
  • Lastly, beside the 'Phone' field, select the applicable country and add your phone number. 

Completing these changes should resolve the error you're receiving.

Keep me posted on how this goes! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
32 0 2

Thank you for helping me protect my privacy information. Still not working, it's so weird, the location.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @wangecho

No problem at all - I'm happy to help. 

I'd really like to look into this further, so I'm going to reach out to you via email and verify your account. Please reply directly back to my email once you receive it, so that we can continue to troubleshoot this in more detail. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
32 0 2

The location still can not be verified. I guess that it can not verify the village or town address.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 168

Hi, @wangecho

Thanks for following up. 

Did you have a chance to reply back to the email I sent you? I recommend following up with me there directly so we can keep troubleshooting this further. 

Best, 

0 Likes