Locked out of my account (Cant Log In as email not associated with store)

sarahowen
Tourist
4 0 1

I have been setting up my store (on pause and build plan) and was in the process of adding products.

I was bulk editing some products and when i went to save, the system booted me out.

I went to log back in (enter store ***.myshopify.com and email) but kept getting the error that my email was not associated with any store.

I cleared browsing history and cache, closed my browser and restarted my laptop, hoping this would solve the problem. Again i got the same message. I have downloaded the shopify app to my phone previously and semi set it up, so i checked the app. The app confirmed i was using the correct email so i thought the problem maybe with my laptop. I tried to log in via the browser on my phone

I contacted Shopify via online chat and over the next hour or so, went through the all the checks, my name, webste details, emails log in, credit card attached to file etc to prove i am who i say i am. Confirmed i was who i said i was and waited for a reply. After an hour of going through the same process of clearing of browser cache and history etc the chat advisor (who was either working from hom and enjoying a movie whilst 'answering' my questions, due to the length of time it took to respond to basic questions, or chatting to multiple people on chat) the only advice she could give me was she would send it to another team.

Now ive been told i have to wait for an email to come through from shopify, to try and rectify this.

In the mean time, ive had to add a staff account and add myself as a second member of staff just to be able to access my inventory, to carry on importing products.

I have a bricks and mortar store with another member of staff that willneed their own account once i am up and running, but my plan only allows 2 accounts attached to it. If this isnt sorted, to add more staff, i will have to upgrade my plan (which im not willing to do).

I have managed to get in via the new staff account ive created and have exported all my products so i am seriously looking at moving to a new ecommerce solution.

(also although it says the email account is not attached to any shopify store - i have all my previous product exports and emails from shopify come through to my email account - so pretty sure this is something gone wrong at their end.)

Any body experienced this and found a resolution?

sarahowen
Tourist
4 0 1

I've checked throught the rest of the boards and have seen people with the same problem.

Would like to know what the solution  is as im about to jumo ship to another provider.

Any shopify staff help me out?

0 Likes
sarahowen
Tourist
4 0 1

Screenshot_20200717_113259_com.shopify.mobile.jpg

The log in in the Shopify app is correct and I can sign in using my email address.

Screenshot_20200717_114026_com.android.chrome.jpg

 but when I log in on my laptop or PC or phone browser, I get this message (email not attached to a store )

0 Likes
Pam58
1 0 0

I have the same problem. I spent all day setting up my store and then logged out. Now it won’t recognise my email address, even though I received an email telling me that Shopify was confirming my change of email address. I’m in the trial stage and I am tempted to cancel my subscription. Can anyone help?
Pam

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
785 53 92

@sarahowen wrote:

Screenshot_20200717_113259_com.shopify.mobile.jpg

The log in in the Shopify app is correct and I can sign in using my email address.

Screenshot_20200717_114026_com.android.chrome.jpg

 but when I log in on my laptop or PC or phone browser, I get this message (email not attached to a store )

Hi, @sarahowen.

Sophia here from Shopify. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you went through so far. I know you mentioned that you've already been in touch with our Support team, and that being said you may have already received a response via email, but I wanted to clarify something here in case it's helpful to you or others coming across this thread.

Based on your screenshots, it looks like you're trying to log in with the Store contact email under Settings > General, which is what Shopify uses to email you with information about your store. However, this is different from your login email. The email address you use to login to Shopify is the one under Settings > Plan and permissions. You can click on each staff member's name there to see the login email address for their account.

If the email address under Settings > Plan and permissions is still the same as the one in your screenshots here, our Support team can definitely investigate further to find out what's going on. I hope you hear back via email soon if you haven't already. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
785 53 92

@Pam58 wrote

I have the same problem. I spent all day setting up my store and then logged out. Now it won’t recognise my email address, even though I received an email telling me that Shopify was confirming my change of email address. I’m in the trial stage and I am tempted to cancel my subscription. Can anyone help?
Pam

Hi, @Pam58.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a login issue as well.

Since this is a publicly accessible forum, I'm not able to check whether there was a typo in the new email address you entered. However, if you haven't yet, please get in touch with our Support team via the the Shopify Help Center, and we'd be happy to help you get the email address corrected. You can choose Continue without logging in to proceed to the contact options there.

As for the trial, if you did not enter billing information and select a plan, the account will just freeze once the 14-day period ends. If you did enter billing information and still wish to cancel, we'll just need to get the account owner email address corrected with you first, after which you can follow these steps to close the store.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
bonjourjewelers
1 0 0

I just logged in and then out. got email re lockout due to card not being able to be billed. Cant talk to any live chat or support!! I Help!

How can I check this billing issue when I cant log in??

0 Likes