Login With Phone Number

Highlighted
3 0 0

is it possible a feature in shopify that customer register and login using mobile number instead of email address.
if yes then, How ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 12

Hey there!

My name is Alice, and I'm one of the Guru Team here at Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! 

At this time, we have the option for a customer to checkout using a phone number, and if a customer chooses this option, then they can receive their updates on their order via SMS.  If a customer opts for this option at the checkout, they cannot create an account unless they add their email address too.  At this time,  customers need to enter an email address to create an account and not just their phone number.  You can see more on this here, and for sure it's something we can look to adding in the future as the platform expands!  ?

I hope that helps and if you have any other questions or need anything at all, please let me know and I’ll do all I can to help!

Take Care,

Alice S | Shopify Guru

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Alice S Thanks for your response, but my question is different may be i am unable to explain, i want the funcationality in shopify where you can login with phone number instead of email, if it possible, i am unable to find any solution related to this functionality.may be possible with some app or using some api i need your guidance how can i achieve this funcationality i am also developer but not expert in it.
Regards
Zeeshan

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Zeeshan, 

I am looking for same feature. Have you got any solution? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Abhinav

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

yes i made the private app for this functionality,also can add your site with low cost if you are interested whatsapp me. +92-321-4093128

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

I tried to WhatsApp you, but the number didn't come up. Message me to 619-735-1151, Thanks !

@zeeshan4157 wrote:

yes i made the private app for this functionality,also can add your site with low cost if you are interested whatsapp me. +92-321-4093128

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Any Solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 3

Hello - any updates on this?

is there an app which allows phone number registration & login with OTP verification flow?

Shopify is  clearly not focusing on india with its email only signup & login

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi there,

in many countries whose population are mostly using cellphones for ordering things and doing business and trading.
it would be helpful to enable login with phone numbers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I need this phone number and otp option in customer login page

0 Likes