Logo appearing too small in Debutify Theme

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi. I used Canva to create my logo and saved it with a transparent background. I added it to my store but the logo appears way too small. 

I even imported the file from canva in the max dimensions i.e. 1500 x 1500 px but the size remains the same once i import the logo to my store.

Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 77 106

Hi, @rhea2202,

Hank here from Shopify.

Would it be possible to share your store URL so that I and fellow community members can take a closer look at this?

The most common reason for logo size issues when uploading pictures to your store is the additional background. Even if this is a transparent background, the sizing can be off.

It also may be something to do with the theme directly, you may be able to edit the size within Online Store > Themes > Customize. Sometimes, however, you may need to reach out to your theme developers if this is something you need assistance with. As this is a third party theme, you will need to reach out to your theme developer to get them to make these changes for you as this would not be supported by Shopify. As you mentioned you are using Debutify, I have found their contact information for you.

Hopefully, once you share your store URL, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi!

My store URL - https://minerva-the-store.myshopify.com/ 

I tried customizing the width in the theme settings but i couldnt increase it beyond 70 px. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Im also shooting a message to the folks at Debutify on the side.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 77 106

Thank you for sharing your store URL and for the additional context.

However, it looks like the store is password-protected, so I am unable to see the logo itself. 

Have you tried to upload the logo once more with minium focus on the background in Settings > Files, just to see if this assists you? Bearing in mind that even though the image is on a transparent background, it is still considered part of the file size once you upload this.

But great work on reaching out to Debutify as it may be something within the theme that is making the image smaller, and some changing to the code, may assist with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi! 

I'd be willing to share my store password with you, privately through an alternate method. Kindly advise.

I've tried several permutations of the image but nothing seems to be working to make it appear larger.

Further, I was not able to drop my message to Debutify due to an error:500. Would there be an alternate method to reach out to them?

Appreciate your quick response to this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 77 106

As they would be a third-party website, I would not have any additional ways to contact them. 

However, I do see they have a live chat option on their website, so perhaps that may be a good place to start?

As it would require a coding change, this would be done via the likes of your theme developer or as I mentioned by hiring an expert, as they would be more than capable of changing the code if needed.

0 Likes