Looking For T-Shirt Designer

Highlighted
1 0 0

He'll I'm new I'm here trying to  to get a designer for my shirt and would like to chat with you about it

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1405 139 385

Hey there, @Queendazzle 

Bo here from Shopify Suport!

I have moved your query from the thread it was on to this new thread so it will get more attention! I also have some pointers on getting designs for your shirts. If you are not familiar with Adobe Photoshop it can be a steep learning curve with a high time investment, luckily there are alternatives for those of us who are not there yet. If you want to create your own designs but do not have the time/funds to invest in Adobe Photoshop some great alternatives include: Hatchful, Sketch, Pixlr, Canva, and Google Draw. You can also get a host of fonts from online resources such as Dafont and Fonts. Be sure to check out the rights and licensing for these fonts. Some fonts will be free to use whereas others will require you to purchase commercial rights as you intend to use them to make a profit.

You can also buy premade designs for your products from design marketplaces such as Envato Market and Creative Market. Free designs are available from these sources but bear in mind that the cheaper the design the more likely it is that other stores are already using them. You will want to be using a design that is not used by tonnes of other stores in order to reduce the competition and make your store stand out. Paid designs range from $10 - $200+.

There are two options when it comes to buying custom designs; Running a Creative Contest or Hiring a designer. To run a creative contest you would post the job with as much detail as you can on a crowdsourced design board such as 99Designs or DesignCrowd. Designers would create mockup designs for you and you would then choose the design/s you would like to go with and work one-on-one with the designer to make whatever adjustments you need before purchasing the design and paying the designer for their work. The costs of designs vary greatly but you should be prepared to pay between $100-$500.

Hiring a designer straight out would work a little differently. You would work one-on-one with a designer directly and provide them with a design brief. I would recommend taking a look at designers on Upwork and Fiverr. Start by creating a list of designers you would like to work with and compare their portfolios, reviews, and ratings. Some newer designers will not have as many reviews or ratings and will often be less expensive to hire and will work hard to gain those reviews and ratings.

You’re not going to get your design absolutely right on the first go, it will be a bit of trial and error as you determine what designs actually speak to your niche audience and what designs work on what products. It is ok to fail while you figure these things out.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes