Looking for a more efficient way to hide out of stock products on shopify store!

Kelvin_N
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find a more automated and efficient way to hide out of stock products from my shop. 

I have multiple automatic collections and I've tried to add the condition - Inventory stock is greater than 0, so that the collections will only show in-stock products.

However, I also pre-sell a lot of products which will be "out of stock" but "continued to sell without stock", so the method mentioned above will also hide these pre-order products from the collections which is not desired...

I have a huge SKU list and under the product module of Shopify you can't sort products by stock number which is really not convenient and on the other hand, the inventory module does not allow you to control the availability of the products...

Any suggestions or solutions out there for this? 

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hey @Kelvin_N,

You can use our application to hide out-of-stock products automatically. It doesn't hide the “continued to sell without stock” products as you expected. It also unhides the products that were hidden when they are in stock.

https://apps.shopify.com/push-down-hide-out-of-stock

Co-Founder / Developer at: merchbees
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Merchbees Inventory Value - Know your inventory value and quantity in real-time
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
0 Likes
Kelvin_N
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks so much for the info! Will check it out!

0 Likes
HKJ
Explorer
61 4 6

@Kelvin_N wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find a more automated and efficient way to hide out of stock products from my shop. 

I have multiple automatic collections and I've tried to add the condition - Inventory stock is greater than 0, so that the collections will only show in-stock products.

However, I also pre-sell a lot of products which will be "out of stock" but "continued to sell without stock", so the method mentioned above will also hide these pre-order products from the collections which is not desired...

I have a huge SKU list and under the product module of Shopify you can't sort products by stock number which is really not convenient and on the other hand, the inventory module does not allow you to control the availability of the products...

Any suggestions or solutions out there for this? 

Thanks!

If you add the words "pre-order" in the title or description of the pre-order products, you can make an additional condition - "does not contain" the words "pre-order".

0 Likes

Hi @Kelvin_N ,

please check our app Nada: https://apps.shopify.com/nada-sort-hide-out-of-stock

The app is pretty simple and moves all out-of-stock products to the end of the collection in real-time. Whenever some product is back in stock, it's returned to its original position in few seconds.

We also have a dedicated setting to sort the pre-order products or not. 

Martin Zima
Digismoothie
0 Likes